Photo

Wedding witnesses

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
  • 215 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 03:59 PM

So, I noticed on the FAQ from the wedding department at ROR that our witnesses cannot be family. Ummm... Uh oh. Are they serious? We're only having 1 attendant each and FH's is his brother. What do we do? Do we get someone who isn't in the wedding party to be a witness?

#2 Spazz

Spazz
    • VIP Member
    • 10,482 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:16 PM

I never heard of that! My MOH is my sister and my FI's bestman is his brother. That's so weird!

#3 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
      • VIP Member
      • 18,452 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:23 PM

I know that for fsil's wedding in Mexico, she couldn't have any witnesses that had the same last name as her or her hubby. she had her aunts as her witnesses. Maybe you just have to pic fam that has different last name as you so they won't know you are related?!
        ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
        Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
        Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#4 Kat81

Kat81
        • VIP Member
        • 7,615 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:24 PM

I have heard this before too. Usually they will provied someone for you if you don't have anyone.

#5 jmhein

jmhein
          • 665 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:32 PM

I dont think that's the case for Jamaica?? If it is we should be in trouble because hubby's brother was his witness. No one seemed to have a problem and we now have our official Jamaican marriage certificate so I would say no worries...!!
            ------------------------------------------------MARRIED at the Riu Ocho Rios - Feb 12, 2008 - Best day of our lives!Honeymooned at Sandals Whitehouse European Village - Feb 16-23

My Riu Ocho Rios Wedding Review with Pics

#6 chicklet

chicklet
            • 718 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:23 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by geology_rocks
              So, I noticed on the FAQ from the wedding department at ROR that our witnesses cannot be family. Ummm... Uh oh. Are they serious? We're only having 1 attendant each and FH's is his brother. What do we do? Do we get someone who isn't in the wedding party to be a witness?
              I noticed that too when I was doing my confirmation. I don't think it would matter too much. Check with Chandlyn.
              My question is, does your witnesses necessarily have to be your bm & moh. What if you put someone down that doesn't end up being either your MOH or bm..can you change the witnesses when you get there?? anyone know this....fh doesn't know who he wants to be bm..depends on who would be attending.

#7 geology_rocks

geology_rocks
              • 215 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:58 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jmhein
                I dont think that's the case for Jamaica?? If it is we should be in trouble because hubby's brother was his witness. No one seemed to have a problem and we now have our official Jamaican marriage certificate so I would say no worries...!!
                This is easing my worries slightly ;-) We we have 4 people with no relation to us at the wedding, one is the MOH, one is the photographer (aunt's husband) and a couple of significant others. We should be ok.

I vaguely remember having to fill out witness information or something when requesting a wedding date. Does anyone know if they do anything with that info? Criminal check (haha) seriously though, what if we do need to choose someone else?

#8 serena

serena
                • 114 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:59 PM

i don't remember reading that i hope its not right as we are having my sister and his brother stand up for us

#9 BrittneyD

BrittneyD
                  • 679 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:15 PM

I have not heard this either. How many witnesses do we need to have?
                    Brittney & Peter
                    July 12, 2008
                    Riu Ocho Rios

http://tickers.Ticke....2452/event.png

#10 Birdie07

Birdie07
                    • 1,218 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 08:06 PM

Uh nope. My witness's were my MIL and FIL. I asked Chandlyn before hand and she said they were fine. I also asked about them having to be there a certain number of days and she said they just have to be there the day of. So you're fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users