Canadians ordering from Oriental Trading?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 zoeysmom1204

• 218 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 07:21 PM

I'm spo excited to order now knowing we wont pay duty! The compnay I got my paper for my invites from cost me $50 in duty on BLANK PAPER

#12 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 06:46 PM

Okay girls.. after ordering from OTC how quick did you get your order?

I ordered all my stuff on 5/18 but I read they don't send you an email about shipping until it's crossed into Canada with the Borderfree company?

#13 shellb

• 533 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:02 PM

I believe it took about 3 weeks to get my order. I know I was surprised at how quickly it came.

Oh and expect customs to open the box, they did for the one I got.

#14 Marnie&Peter

• 302 posts

Posted 27 May 2008 - 08:09 PM

Thanks ladies for this forum! I hate finding out surprise huge shipping costs!

#15 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 28 May 2008 - 03:22 PM

Alright so after I was impatiently wondering when my order will ship yesterday, I get an email last night that it has crossed into Canada with Borderfree and will be delivered on 6/02 (according to tracking on Canada Post).. that will be 2 weeks exactly from when it was shipped out from OTC.. that's pretty good I think.

#16 Thomasjsgirl

• 1,098 posts

Posted 29 May 2008 - 09:25 PM

thanks for asking this question! i'd like to order some OOT bag stuff from OT and I too was worried about the shipping/duty charges. now I won't sweat it! thanks
              Lucy & Tom - Married 24.11.08
              Wedding Review - Dreams PC:
              Leftover Wedding Items FS:

#17 SunBride

• 1,499 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by kleslie5
                Once you get past the checkout, the site will take you to "Borderfree", which is a company that handles all the duty/shipping/taxes etc for their Canadian clients, ensuring you have no surprises at the border. It will also figure out the taxes (like for me, I had PST added) You have to go all the way past the checkout point (you can still cancel your order, so go ahead and get to the Borderfree site to see how much your total is).
                For me, my shipping was only I think 8$ at checkout, but then after clicking next and going through the borderfree part of the checkout, gst and pst were added, as well as another fee (I forget, I think maybe it was a handling free for borderfree) so that made my order go up by about 15$ or something. I was really annoyed about the last minute surprise (my order was only like 30$ and now all my shipping & other additional charges were almost as much as my order!) but went through with the purchase anyways.

They calculate the duty for you, so you'll never get a surprise duty bill with the delivery, that's the purpose of borderree.

Originally Posted by Helen_S81
                I also didn't have to pay any duty. I have thrown the box out but I'm pretty sure it came via Canada Post so maybe it came from within Canada? Windsor maybe?
                No, they are shipped with the United States Postal Service, which then transfers the packages to Canada Post.

#18 Chiquita

• 2,674 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:54 PM

Got my OTC stuff last night.. right on time.. 6/02. And nothing was missing! I did see they had opened the box just like you said they would Shellb :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users