Sign in to follow this  
heather007

Canadians ordering from Oriental Trading?

Just wondering if there are any Canadians out there who have ordered from Oriental Trading and what your shipping, etc. was? I go to my check-out and my shipping is like only $30.00 on like $300.00 worth of stuff. It seems low.

Anyone else with experience from ordering from them?

~~

I ordered some parasols from Oriental Trading and I have my invoice in front of me.

12 Parasols @ $30.52 CDN + $ 14.71 shipping + GST & PST = $49.20

The listed price is $29.99 USD.

I'd say that the $30 you quoted seems low. Maybe that's the shipping for the USA?

Okay, I'll probably end up calling them. It's strange because I'm buying a lot of little things there too along with the parasols, and I thought that the $30.00 was too low.

Do you know if you are going to get charged duty?

~~

Mine was $12 shipping on $90 worth of stuff. I think they may have something with Canada post because on their catalogues it says something about Borderfree....don't have it in front of me...I ordered from them last fall and didn't get hit with any duty other than the $12 for shipping.

I've ordered from them twice now and I haven't had to pay any duty (just the shipping costs). Both times they've also arrived really quickly.

Hey Heather:

I have ordered from OTC - here is my invoice:

Order subtotal112.24

Duties10.35

Sales Tax15.94

Shipping Charge16.35

Handling Charge0.00

Order Total154.88

Once you get past the checkout, the site will take you to "Borderfree", which is a company that handles all the duty/shipping/taxes etc for their Canadian clients, ensuring you have no surprises at the border. It will also figure out the taxes (like for me, I had PST added) You have to go all the way past the checkout point (you can still cancel your order, so go ahead and get to the Borderfree site to see how much your total is).

I used a coupon code too (just google "oriental trading company coupon code") which reduced my shipping costs.

Here is a link with all the info for Canadian orders: Welcome to Oriental Trading Company

Hope that helps!!

Our shipping fee wasn't very high at all either. I really don't remember what it was, but I was expecting to pay COD, or another form of additional payment and didn't have to!