Photo

veil or no veil-that is the question

• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

#271 cathyandchin

cathyandchin
  • 294 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 11:25 AM

I'm going for the cathedral length and a blusher but only for the ceremony. My mom said it'd make for great pictures and it really completed the look.
    I haven't bought one yet because I can't justify spending EVEN MORE MONEY on something I'm only going to have on for 30 minutes!
    http://tickers.Ticke....7ab3/event.png

18 adults + 2 kids booked + bride and groom

#272 Girasole

Girasole
    • 757 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:20 PM

I think this really depends on what you prefer. I didn't wnat a veil mainly because I knew we were getting married by the beach & it's windy so I didn't want to fuss with it the entire ceremony...I was so glad I made this decision but I also think it's how you vision yourself.
      Chrissy & Jeremiah's Blog with Pictures...

http://www.brilliant....island-escape/

#273 A_J_Mitchell

A_J_Mitchell
      • 252 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 02:00 PM

I'm going with a veil and a hair flower. I'm going to take off the veil after the ceremony and just have the flower in my hair for the reception.

#274 AmyandRich

AmyandRich
        • 344 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:46 PM

I went with a ribbon and hair flowers. The ribbon hanged down my back and blew in the wind... veil like, without all the veil!

#275 roxyqt

roxyqt
          • 165 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:34 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by hat0112
            I am actually doing 2 veils and a tiara! Both veils are very thin and only one layer each. One veil is a cathedral length and I always wanted one so I put it on and I couldn’t say no. The second goes to my finger tips and had a gold embroidery that matches my dress so I didn’t want to say no to that one either. And I feel in love with the tiara. The tiara is small and not very big so it doesn’t look like too much on me and the veils actually look like one piece instead of two.

For the wind issue (which I heard Aruba has a lot of) I am getting that Hollywood wedding tape and taping the veil to me so it doesn’t blow around and stays where it should while I am wearing it. It is only staying on for the ceremony and half the pictures, but I don’t want to play around with it. I am only going to wear the tiara all night.
            I LOVE HOLLYWOOD TAPE!!!!! It is the BEST STUFF EVER!!!! I thought about doing this as well!!! Let us know how it turns out!!!!

#276 roxyqt

roxyqt
            • 165 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 02:39 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by cathyandchin
              I'm going for the cathedral length and a blusher but only for the ceremony. My mom said it'd make for great pictures and it really completed the look.
              I haven't bought one yet because I can't justify spending EVEN MORE MONEY on something I'm only going to have on for 30 minutes!
              I got my veil on etsy, very reesonable!!!! I could justify spending the $150 that my bridal salon wanted for the veil I wanted. I found my Fingertip veil for $21 after shipping. I'm only wearing it for the ceremony and a few pictures.
              Here is the link to a cathedral length veil from my seller :) .... Only $24!!!
              Bride on The Go Cathedral Length Single Tier by MARISOLAPARICIO

#277 hat0112

hat0112
              • 1,219 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 08:45 AM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by roxyqt
                I LOVE HOLLYWOOD TAPE!!!!! It is the BEST STUFF EVER!!!! I thought about doing this as well!!! Let us know how it turns out!!!!
                I definitely will!! I used it during NYE when I was a bridesmaid and it kept the dress in place nicely.
                Wedding 10/22/10 Westin Aruba

I love being a Mrs.!

#278 sungoddess_08

sungoddess_08
                • 829 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:36 AM

Roxqt -- does your seller on etsy have more? That is the price I want to spend, but I haven't found anythign anywhere! with just under a month to go (until we leave) I'm getting nervous and would love to find one!!

#279 A_J_Mitchell

A_J_Mitchell
                  • 252 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 10:39 AM

I just bought this one on Etsy....

1 Tier Elbow/Waist IVORY Bridal Veil with by BellaBridalVeils

#280 cathyandchin

cathyandchin
                    • 294 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:12 PM

I just bought THIS one on ETSY... it'll take care of my blusher too and it was only 31.98 after shipping!
                      http://www.etsy.com/....or-catanamaria
                      That means I paid less than $1 for each minute I'll probably have it on!!
                      http://tickers.Ticke....7ab3/event.png

18 adults + 2 kids booked + bride and groom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users