I need advice - annoying ex of FI

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 Yari

Yari
  • VIP Member
  • 10,928 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:11 PM

You look smokin'! Glad it all worked out.

#82 BarefootBride

BarefootBride
    • 1,266 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 12:52 AM

Im glad it turned out all right, Now you know that if you two becomes friends then him and her will probably end up friends. Maybe you will become comfortable when they are together.

#83 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
      • 1,565 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:46 AM

tough one.... hmmm which i had an easy answer for this one but i dont...

it sounds pretty plataonic to me.. one thing is that if they try to hide something or that they are talking its somethign to worry about. but since he is so open and casual about it i doubt its something to worry about. im still friends with all my exes (well the sane ones) and i have no dseire to ever be with them. they are exes for a reason.

its worth just setting him down and just telling him that you feel uneasy about it and you will do your best but that you really dont care for her..

#84 JennyK

JennyK
        • 3,502 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 10:49 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by BarefootBride
          Im glad it turned out all right, Now you know that if you two becomes friends then him and her will probably end up friends. Maybe you will become comfortable when they are together.
          In the past, I was cool.. like parties that we'd be at with her.. I'd be in my own huddle and them talking together. It never bothered me. I've always been really chill about everything so for me to get nuts about this.. it was a big deal

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jean-marcus
          tough one.... hmmm which i had an easy answer for this one but i dont...

it sounds pretty plataonic to me.. one thing is that if they try to hide something or that they are talking its somethign to worry about. but since he is so open and casual about it i doubt its something to worry about. im still friends with all my exes (well the sane ones) and i have no dseire to ever be with them. they are exes for a reason.

its worth just setting him down and just telling him that you feel uneasy about it and you will do your best but that you really dont care for her..
          I've never been opposed to being friends with ex's.. he's got a few others that I dont care that he talks to.. but for me it was the one that would call/text him everyday..the one that was jealous of our relationship. I've never stayed "friends" with ex's ever just bc I didn't want to encounter these types of problems within my relationships.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian
          you do look hot. i'm also envious of your boobage. ooooh, i so wish we could see a picture of your new BFF!!!!! you two will be hanging out in no time
          Yeah, sometimes when girls are nervous they "actafoo" HA HA
          LMFAO!! You crack me the f up lol lol

#85 FYB87

FYB87
          • 976 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:03 PM

Didn't read any of the other responses. But her are my thoughts. Being friendly with her and him hanging out with her by himself is two different things. I say be nice when you see her (since you guys can't help it). But, no to anything else.

#86 PenMarie

PenMarie
            • 133 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:17 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by FYB87
              Didn't read any of the other responses. But her are my thoughts. Being friendly with her and him hanging out with her by himself is two different things. I say be nice when you see her (since you guys can't help it). But, no to anything else.
              I'm with FYB87 on this one...I could definitely continue the civil thing for social gatherings, but going to her place for parties and vice versa...naaaaaaaaaaa -- and no way he'd be going to her place and hanging out w/her for her Kentucky Derby party before I was there. You could be playing into her hand so she gets her way as far as hanging out with him when you're not around. I dunno -- just be careful of how much leeway you give. Again, I don't think he wants anything w/this girl, I just wouldn't give HER the satisfaction of being with him w/out you.

#87 Copita

Copita
              • 979 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 10:21 AM

Jenny,

I am soooo late to this thread.
                Glad everything worked out.
                I wouldn't go out of my way to be friends with that chick. If she's in your group of friends, be civil, but dont' do the dinner shindigs or go out of your way to be nice to her or plan playdates/etc. Sounds like everything has smoothed over now but he needs to realize it hurts you when he is hanging out with her.
                She may say she has no ill intention but they DO have a past and that story about her wrestling him really skeeved me and I don't even know you guys LOL. I hate girls like that!
                You looked hot in the wedding pics so I'm sure she was jealous and looked terrible that day (lol) and so you win! :)
                Again, she doesn't sound like a "friend" at all to be chummy with so keep your distance and def have him keeping him distance. Those are the kind of girls we don't want around our men! LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users