Sign in to follow this  
Christine

Mommies to be check in

Congrats Mrs. Martin! Matthew is adorable! You look fantastic and the nursery is great!

Congrats Mrs. Martin!!! I am happy he didn't hold out on you and decided to make his arrival. I had a similar experience with labor and the epi only being effective on the one side, and trouble with the latching, my son only wanted the left breast, he had no interest in the right and when I offered it he would "bite" and I ended up with a blood blister and couldn't even pump that side. I am glad you are making progress with the breastfeeding though and hopefully it keeps getting better.

I am officially out of the first trimester and got to hear the heart for the first time last week. We had a few nervous moments when she couldn't find it and I think my doc read the look on my face and reassured me that at this stage it takes a little while to find. Then she found it and said it sounds good and strong. I am finally starting to feel better and getting anxious to get to 20 weeks for my ultrasound because I desperately want to know what I am having. I have a VERY strong intuition that it is a girl and, has anyone heard of the OTC test called Intelligender? It supposedly can predict gender and my mom and I couldn't help ourselves, we bought it and I tried it. It said girl, but I am not going to put all my faith in that and just count the 7 weeks till my ultrasound to know for dure. My MIL is partial to boys and keeps feeling the need to express that so I plan on making a big deal of it if it is a girl : )

How is everyone else feeling?

I'm a mommy!!! Natalie Noelle has finally arrived after 40 weeks and 5 days, kidney stones, high bp, bed rest and pre eclampsia, and it was all worth it. We went in Wed. night to start cervadil and get things going. At 8:30 am on Thurs I was started on Pitocin and she was delivered at 6:40pm weighing 7 lbs 1 oz and 20 inches long. I went completly natural and actually relaxed between contractions somehow. I took hypnobirthing classes and they really helped. I was able to stay calm, quiet, and peaceful during labor. Don't get me wrong the contraction pain was unbelievable but I get quiet when in pain not loud or anything. My poor husband felt so helpless because I sat in the tub for four hours before pushing and there was really nothing for him to do but feed me ice chips. It was such a wonderful experience. I will post pictures later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiLibra View Post
I'm a mommy!!! Natalie Noelle has finally arrived after 40 weeks and 5 days, kidney stones, high bp, bed rest and pre eclampsia, and it was all worth it. We went in Wed. night to start cervadil and get things going. At 8:30 am on Thurs I was started on Pitocin and she was delivered at 6:40pm weighing 7 lbs 1 oz and 20 inches long. I went completly natural and actually relaxed between contractions somehow. I took hypnobirthing classes and they really helped. I was able to stay calm, quiet, and peaceful during labor. Don't get me wrong the contraction pain was unbelievable but I get quiet when in pain not loud or anything. My poor husband felt so helpless because I sat in the tub for four hours before pushing and there was really nothing for him to do but feed me ice chips. It was such a wonderful experience. I will post pictures later on.
Congrats! I love her name so pretty. I am glad to hear everything went smoothly and I can't wait to see her cute little face.

Quote:
Congratulations! We need pictures for sure! I've considered buying the hypnobabies set. Is that what you used?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Martin View Post
Click the image to open in full size.

Congratulations. Matthew is beautiful!

Quote:
Congrats but we need pictures!

I'm coming out of the closet girls, as you can see from my ticker. I'm pregnant! We heard the heartbeat this week and had our first ultrasound. Here's a pic: