Worst gift ever..

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

• Moderators
  • 25,218 posts
  • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:51 AM

OK mine started out as worst gift ever, but turned out to be cool.

When I was like 14 or so, my cousin's Grandma (who we always celebrated holidays with) gave me this styrofoam wreath shape with multicolored Christmas ball ornaments hot-glued all over the front of it. It was so ugly, I was like but, to be polite I just said thanks, and set it aside.
Everyone kept asking me if I liked it, and things like "Oh that was so nice of her." I thought they must be crazy or something. Finally, someone mentioned to me that I might want to pull the top part off of one of the balls, and inside each ball was a $1, 5, or 10 bill! I made out like a bandit and felt like a total moron.

#12 LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 24,768 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:51 AM

i can't think of anything specific, but i just don't like knick-knacks, so if I ever get one ... I'll likely hate it! lol

#13 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:56 AM

haha these are halarious. I got this rock with gold wires hangin from it to look like a tree and the limbs then at the end o the wire were more rocks for the leaves..... it came from a secret admire in class so I could be like what the hell is this?

#14 TammyB

• 10,630 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:58 AM

Some of these gifts would be great if you guys had pics of them.

#15 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:06 AM

I know.... too bad mine went right in the garbage!

#16 happygilmore

• 576 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:26 AM

My aunt gave me a orange colored spider pin/broach one year for Christmas and I was around 13 or 14.....definetely not at pin wearing age and for sure not a spider!

Also, my mere mere gave me a doll made out of safety pins! Bleck!

#17 Yari

• VIP Member
            • 10,928 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:39 AM

I got a huge ceramic avocado. Ugh! It was a puke green too.

#18 Jessica

• VIP Member
              • 11,939 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rachelle E.
                I got a little furry fake kitten one time. It was made out of some kind of real fur, and was shaped to look like it was curled up and sleeping. However, when I opened the box it was in, it seriously looked so real that I panicked and since it wasn't moving I thought it was dead! It was horrible!!!!
                OH MY GOD!!! I see those all the time in stores. They seriously creep me out. Who would want one of those. And more importantly what sicko thought it would be a cute idea to make them!?

My worst gift. A flower patterned sweater vest. Ummm, can we say, so not my style?!

#19 Dez921714

• 1,489 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:04 PM

Mine is in the garage in a "garage sale" box...maybe a little later I'll dig it out and post a pic.

A ceramic Avocado...you could put it in my fruit bowl!
                  http://ticker.7910.o....25vdCBpbiA.gif27 Confirmed with Plane Tickets...5 with rooms booked!

150 INVITES / 6 YES / 13 NO

#20 Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 5,752 posts
                  • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:12 PM

what is with people and ceramic avocados?! LOL

this isnt my worst gift, i will have to think about my own but my FSIL for christmas this year received quite the doozy.

their rich aunt gave her a set of 6 body butters - doesnt sound so bad yet but just wait.... so first, theres a sticker on the back of the packaging that says "SAMPLE NOT FOR SALE". 1st strike, because she knows it was re re-gifted. then she opens up the package, opens the body butters, and each of the containers is totally empty, LITERALLY NOTHING INSIDE! so not only did she get a twice regifted present from a rich aunt who couldve afforded to at least give her cash instead of a piss-poor regift, there wasnt any GIFT even in the regift box! she was sooooo pissed. my FMIL called her brother the next day and was like do you know what your wife gave my daughter for christmas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users