Photo

Worst gift ever..

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#111 emmag87

emmag87
  • 161 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:32 AM

lol some of these gifts sound pretty awful. Those hands look really creepy! lol

#112 DWBride615

DWBride615
    • 852 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 09:04 AM

To answer this, I have to start with the whole story.

Okay, This birthday was almost a reenactment of 'Sixteen Candles'...First my mom, dad, sister forgot my birthday.

When my mother found out a little too late, she decided to cook a special meal for me to make up for it. Okay, I love my mom and it's the thought that counts, but when she led me to the kitchen and told me, "I made you're favorite". I did get a little ticked when I saw what it was. First, she forgot my birthday and now it was a mysterious case of mistaken identity. What she 'thinks' is my favorite meal, is actually something I always hated since as early as I can remember and was my sister's favorite. That's not the worst gift ever though, read on...

Now for the worst gift ever, after my sister remembered my birthday, she came up to me and told me there was something waiting for me on the table. So, I went and looked. To start off, the card said in bold letters "Get Well Soon". Second, those words were x'd out and replaced with happy birthday using a ball point pen (my sister is 2 years older than me btw). And third but worst of all, that same card was familiar to me. It was from a box of mixed cards "I" bought months before at a dollar store but never finished using (because the cards left were semi-ugly). So, not only did I get a card for the wrong occasion, but it was a card I bought! Such a great sister, and yet she's still going to be one of my bridesmaids. Damn my loyalty to family lol

There probably have been worse ones, but that one sticks out to me because they were immediate family members. I do have other siblings that remembered from the getgo and wished me a happy birthday though. Sadly, they live further away. =/
      *~*Chelsea & Eric*~* {{New wedding Date...Same Growing Love}} October 13, 2012 (Rome, Italy)

#113 AshleyL

AshleyL
      • 263 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:50 PM

I hate roosters! For Xmas one year my FMIL bought be matching rooster mugs, napkins and even a figurine. I opened it up and of course i pretended to love it but she snapped "you can stop pretending I know you hate it!". Turns out she told FI what she bought me and he was like "uh oh she hates roosters" well he didn't even warn me that he had told her so I kept trying to convince her that I thought they were really beautiful.
        Getting married in Runaway Bay, Jamaica February 2011!!!

#114 FutureMrsLewis

FutureMrsLewis
        • 583 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by AshleyL 

I hate roosters! For Xmas one year my FMIL bought be matching rooster mugs, napkins and even a figurine. I opened it up and of course i pretended to love it but she snapped "you can stop pretending I know you hate it!". Turns out she told FI what she bought me and he was like "uh oh she hates roosters" well he didn't even warn me that he had told her so I kept trying to convince her that I thought they were really beautiful.

If she knew you hated them, then why didn't she try to take them back and get something else? lol  I hate roosters too, you're not alone

#115 Teira1031

Teira1031
          • 766 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:17 PM

my FMIL got me these flip flops that dont actually have straps ... its just like a flat shoe and you get it wet and it sticks to you feet supposidly?!

#116 Caprice35

Caprice35
            • 188 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:12 PM

A coworker gave me a bath soaps that fizz when you place them in your bath tub. These soaps smelled HORRIBLE. I wanted to vomitt.

#117 niajs

niajs
              • 214 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 06:06 AM

At around age 14, my grandma got me some all in one pyjamas with poppers down the front (like a baby would wear). They were burgundy fleece. Poor grandma, rest her soul!

#118 mia31

mia31
                • 11 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 07:03 AM

I can't think of any bad gifts I've ever received, but there are some that are nice in theory but I never really get around to using them. Stuff like photo frames (even though one day I'm going to go get a bunch of photos printed for them) and little packs with bath stuff or whatever in them, since I'm more of a shower chick.

#119 Monique

Monique
                  • 415 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:12 AM

The Visual is making me laugh so hard OMG!

Originally Posted by Teira1031 

my FMIL got me these flip flops that dont actually have straps ... its just like a flat shoe and you get it wet and it sticks to you feet supposidly?!

#120 Brandy

Brandy
                    • 2,628 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:28 AM

Yeah that is pretty hilarious!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users