Photo

Its Doughnut Friday!!! :(

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 Sandra E.

Sandra E.
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:37 PM

I understand your situation. I find it odd when people push things on you that you don't want to do, but they act as if they know best. Sorry.

#12 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,047 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
    • LocationToronto

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:43 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by xandrafaye
    Try to bring yourself a healthy snack next Friday that you absolutely love to eat! So when everyone else is packing on the pounds, you can be happily munching away on something that isn't going to go right to your butt!
    oh my desk is full of healthy snacks...low fat granola bars, bananas, strawberries, rice cakes (with ketchup flavor) so I feel like I'm eating chips, almonds etc.... I have everything, but its still not the same

I'm always hungry, so I have to have lots of food on me so I don't break down and buy something unhealthy.

#13 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 8,047 posts
    • LocationToronto

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:48 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by cheese_diva
    Bring something healthy in to eat so you won't be tempted.. Maybe a lowfat muffin that will fill you up? lol That doesn't sound as good as a doughnut!
    lol it won't be the same, but I might try to bake some healthy muffins next week and see how that goes

#14 Sharonie

Sharonie
    • 557 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:50 PM

//sigh.. I feel your pain.. I partially belong to a donut club that someone brings donuts every Friday. It is hard to resist them. Good thing is I sit far away from them!! Keep it up, we'll all get through this.

#15 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,047 posts
      • LocationToronto

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:50 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by sodria
      I understand your situation. I find it odd when people push things on you that you don't want to do, but they act as if they know best. Sorry.
      ugh I know! I work with pretty much all men and they don't understand what I'm trying to do....maybe I can make a big sign that says "Keep doughnuts away from me"

#16 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 12:55 PM

Or "Please Do Not Feed the xxx" Fill in your title there. That would be funny!

#17 Ana

Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,047 posts
        • LocationToronto

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:05 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by carly
        Or "Please Do Not Feed the xxx" Fill in your title there. That would be funny!
        haha! It would be funny! I'm going to do it for next friday!!!

#18 sunnydaes

sunnydaes
        • 684 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:10 PM

I LOVE DOUGHNUTS! I haven't had one in years, but the smell of them makes me weak in the knees!
          ahhh, look you have a donut as a gift that is a PERFECT replacement for the real thing...who needs donuts when you have BDW!

BTW, i love the sign! you should make one and put it up

#19 PenMarie

PenMarie
          • 133 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:16 PM

And I thought our office was the only ones who did donuts and bagels on Fridays...I'm on the upstairs floor and the "goods" are on the first floor, so I always forget about them -- but it sure is great if I'm hungry on a Friday morning.

#20 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
            • 6,368 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:39 PM

If people are trying to sabotage your diet (it's amazing how often this happens) you should tell them straight out that you'd appreciate their support in your weight loss efforts. We talk about this a lot at Weight Watchers and sometimes you have to get a little aggressive.

Great job resisting the donuts though. Boston Cream is my favorite as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users