help me pick my aisle petals

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 boscobel

boscobel
  • VIP Member
  • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:51 PM

So Beaches charges an arm and a leg for flower petals for the aisle. She estimated that I would need two bags at $150 each. So I am going to bring my own. Now the problem is deciding on a color, or group of colors. I am going to bring silk petals, cuz who will ever know, and the resort will clean them up after. I didn't want to bring freeze-dried for fear of them getting confiscated at the airport and if not confiscated, I don't want to compromise anything in Jamaica by bringing plants. So, here is my inspiration picture and then some colors that I like. Suggestions on one color or a tri-color effect (whether in the same shade or mixing orange and pink)?

I am partial to ORANGE, since those are the accents I will be wearing (shoes, purse, hair flower), but I also don't want orange overload...

Inspiration picture...
    Click the image to open in full size.

Possible colors (from website Click the image to open in full size. Tangerine Click the image to open in full size. Tabasco Click the image to open in full size. Mango Click the image to open in full size.
    Coral Click the image to open in full size. CitrusClick the image to open in full size. Berry Click the image to open in full size. Hot Pink Click the image to open in full size.

#2 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
    • VIP Member
    • 3,160 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:55 PM

I know we talked yest. about it but I changed my colors. I think the citrus will pop. So I like: tangerine(or mango), citrus, and hot pink.

#3 tlomlad

tlomlad
      • Banned
      • 1,949 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:56 PM

then try the mango or citrus ones.... they have a hint of orange but arent overpowering

#4 Saraha

Saraha
        • 2,597 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 12:59 PM

I kinda like the tangerine!

#5 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
          • VIP Member
          • 4,116 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:05 PM

I like the same combo as Jac...Tang, Citrus and hot Pink. But I also like that Tabasco color a lot...so I'd say also Tabasco, Hot Pink and Orange. . .I think it would look really "firey" that way.

#6 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:06 PM

Rachelle, I just got so confused by your new name!

#7 Leia78

Leia78
              • VIP Member
              • 2,459 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:20 PM

I like Mango or Tabasco!

#8 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
                • 5,681 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:23 PM

Mango and Citrus looks really nice, I think....

#9 boscobel

boscobel
                  • VIP Member
                  • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:26 PM

Hmmm, I just found another site that is a way better price, but I would have to buy only one color - orange. For 4,000 petals from 200Petals.com - Home Page, it is $70. To get the equivilant on the original site I posted it's $90. Crap.

#10 boscobel

boscobel
                    • VIP Member
                    • 24,213 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 01:28 PM

Oh, nevermind. If I buy a value pack from the orig site it would equal about the same amount. So it saves money to go with one color.

Do you guys think one color is cool? Or does it NEED multiple? My sister thinks one color, but so far, everyone on here listed a mix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users