Tips for a WW newbie?
Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:03 PM
If anyone has any tips, food ideas, suggestions, personal experiences etc for someone just starting out this (with not too much time until the wedding!) that would be great! I know there may be another thread like this but I didn't see anything recent so I thought I would try a new one
Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:48 AM
Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:49 AM
Frozen grapes are a great snack
No-pudge brownie mix with FF Cool Whip is heaven
Make sure you are measuring your portions correctly.
Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:57 AM
Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:52 PM
hummus is also a saviour!
Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:15 PM
Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:58 AM
| Originally Posted by lauren c. |
i bring my lunch to work w/ me every day. on sundays, i go grocery shopping and lay out all of my food for the week. i measure everything and put salad and cold cuts in 5 tupperwares, cut up fruits and veggies, measure cottage cheese or yogurt, etc. my fridge is filled w/ tupperware, but in the morning, i just grab and go - rather than grabbing a can of fattening/high sodium soup or some microwave meal.
hummus is also a saviour!
Posted 26 March 2008 - 07:49 PM
| Originally Posted by dragonfly |
wow Lauren I am so impressed, I wish I was this organized, I can really learn from you:) How long does it take you to organize that?
Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:06 AM
1. Substitution: Find substitutes for stuff you like to eat for example:
- Western Bagel Alternative Bagel 1pt
- Weight Watchers Cream Cheese 1pt.
- Laughing Cow light cheese wedges - 1pt.
- Skinny Cow ice-creams
(read through some of the other WW threads for more ideas)
2. Plan. Know what you are going to eat - or at the least allocate how many points you are going to eat per meal.
3. Track, track, track! I think this is really the most important (assuming you are doing Flex and not Core).
4. Find a meeting you like and go every week - even (and especially) when you've gained... this is harder than it sounds!
5. Find your favorite (or least objectionable) exercises and then set a goal for how many bonus exercise points you want to earn that week.
6. Avoidance. For right now it's probably a good idea to avoid the places where you have traditonally eaten in an out of control manner. For some of us that means Mexican restaurants (i.e. me) or it could be ice cream shops, starbucks, whatever. Just don't set yourself up for failure by putting yourself in tempting and difficult situations.
7. Accept that there may be weeks that you stay the same, weeks that you lose a lot, some where you gain - it's all on the path to your final goal weight.
8. Check out our and WW receipe threads. Think about how you can adapt recipes to reduce points (i.e. cut out oil and use cooking spray; reduce fatty ingredients, increase vegetables to increase portion sizes)
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users