Photo

Five Below - OOT Bag HEAVEN!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 AmandaR

AmandaR
  • 241 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:49 PM

Just an FYI that Five Below is an excellent place to acquire items for OOT bags. The best part is that everything is $5 or less! They have everything from beach bags and towels, to name brand sunscreen and travel toiletries for almost unbeatable prices. The downside is that they're only located in PA, MD, DE, VA, and NJ. We just have our immediate families traveling to Jamaica with us for our wedding (3 couples and 3 singles), so I'm preparing a total of 6gift bags to distribute in a few weeks just as a Thank You for making the trip and so that they have things with them that they may not otherwise, or may accidentally forget

Here's a list of the items that I came away with:

Toothbrush
    Toothpaste
    Gum
    Banana Boat After Sun Lotion
    Wet wipes w/ aloe
    Tissues
    Tide Liquid Detergent Travel Sink Packs
    Nail file w/ carrying case
    Crest mouthwash
    and my favorite item - Banana Boat Sunscreen Lip Balm w/ SPF 30!

I did a search for this store in the forum, but came up empty-handed, so I apologize if someone has recently mentioned this store!

Amanda

#2 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
    • 1,830 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:55 PM

Oh yes, thats such a cool store...I completely forgot about it. thx for the reminder!!

#3 Stormsong

Stormsong
      • 287 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:14 PM

do they have a website??
        Lisa

#4 Spazz

Spazz
        • VIP Member
        • 10,482 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:18 PM

I am planning on stocking up for the kid's bags at Five Below. I can't believe how they can sell some of their stuff for less than $5!

#5 LadyCheese

LadyCheese
          • 1,830 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:21 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Stormsong
            do they have a website??
            try this one:
            Five Below: the cool store for teens and beyond

#6 jmill130

jmill130
            • 601 posts

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:07 PM

Thanks, I forgot about 5 & Below! I am still looking for a few items! Good luck to you:)

#7 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
              • 2,302 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:04 AM

I love how you added the Tide! Great idea, too bad we dont have one in GA!

On a sidenote, one thing you may want to remind guests about is that the nail file cannot be on/in the carryon bags! It will get confinsicated :~(
                2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#8 LeXiee

LeXiee
                • 286 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:00 AM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Asteff2001
                  Just an FYI that Five Below is an excellent place to acquire items for OOT bags. The best part is that everything is $5 or less! They have everything from beach bags and towels, to name brand sunscreen and travel toiletries for almost unbeatable prices. The downside is that they're only located in PA, MD, DE, VA, and NJ. We just have our immediate families traveling to Jamaica with us for our wedding (3 couples and 3 singles), so I'm preparing a total of 6gift bags to distribute in a few weeks just as a Thank You for making the trip and so that they have things with them that they may not otherwise, or may accidentally forget

Here's a list of the items that I came away with:

Toothbrush
                  Toothpaste
                  Gum
                  Banana Boat After Sun Lotion
                  Wet wipes w/ aloe
                  Tissues
                  Tide Liquid Detergent Travel Sink Packs
                  Nail file w/ carrying case
                  Crest mouthwash
                  and my favorite item - Banana Boat Sunscreen Lip Balm w/ SPF 30!

I did a search for this store in the forum, but came up empty-handed, so I apologize if someone has recently mentioned this store!

I didn't even know that existed: Tide Liquid Detergent Travel Sink Packs

I wonder where I could find it. Probably Walmart right? Have you ever used it before? I find liquid detergents sometimes leaves stains on clothes.. so I wonder how the travel sink packs will work.

#9 quackquack

quackquack
                  • 152 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:14 AM

Great idea...I forgot about Five Below. I will definitely check it out!!

#10 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                    • Moderators
                    • 25,218 posts
                    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                    • LocationSeattle

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:43 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by twinkletoes
                    On a sidenote, one thing you may want to remind guests about is that the nail file cannot be on/in the carryon bags! It will get confinsicated :~(
                    Actually that's not 100% accurate, if it is the metal kind, it is allowed in both checked and carry-on bags as long as the metal sharp part is less than 4 inches. (I work for an airline)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users