Anyone using resort dj or bringing own?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 nettyboop11

nettyboop11
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:41 PM

Hey,

With all the rage I know some are just using speakers and ipods for their reception. I need a "dj hype man" on the mike!!

The Riu from what I understand charges $150.00 per hour for a dj but I think you can hire o/s if u want.

Any views?

Marrying my sweetie, my man, my son's father on 8/16/08 at the pond.

Thanks,

Netty

#2 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
    • 802 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:09 PM

Hi Netty......we are going with the disco from 9-11pm and that includes the cost for the live DJ.

#3 Maura

Maura

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 5,752 posts
      • Wedding Location:Westin Los Cabos

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:12 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by nettyboop11
      The Riu from what I understand charges $150.00 per hour for a dj but I think you can hire o/s if u want.
      there was just a thread about this, but which riu are you getting married at? the riu's in cabo have a new policy of no outside vendors, unless you pay some kind of big fee. so you should really check with your wedding coordinator at the riu if you're in another location.

#4 Spazz

Spazz
      • VIP Member
      • 10,482 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

I'm using the dj at the RIU. I heard he is pretty good, so I didn't spend time researching outside vendors. Good luck!

#5 Bride010101

Bride010101
        • 1,547 posts

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:46 PM

I think we will go w/ the dj through RIU as well. I heard he was pretty good and that way I don't have to worry about it (or have to find a family/friend to man the ipod).

#6 junebride2b

junebride2b
          • 81 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:39 PM

I am also going with the RIU DJ so I don't have to worry about a thing during the reception..

#7 nettyboop11

nettyboop11
            • 37 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:05 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by md_ocr
              Hi Netty......we are going with the disco from 9-11pm and that includes the cost for the live DJ.
              hi md ocr,

Mind sharing the cost of the disco.. Thanks

#8 bobbi-francis

bobbi-francis
              • 186 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:44 PM

Hubby actually is really good friends with a DJ back home, so we are paying for him to stay from Friday-Monday and he will be DJ'ing the reception at the plantation.

#9 ochoriobride

ochoriobride
                • 489 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:38 AM

We have the seagrape for 2h the evening of the wedding. I'm bringing my own Ipod and speakers. Chandlyn told me it was 50$ an hour for the speaker so I prefer to buy speakers and keep them after the wedding.
                  http://tickers.Ticke....ed78/event.png

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

#10 nettyboop11

nettyboop11
                  • 37 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:51 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by ochoriobride
                    We have the seagrape for 2h the evening of the wedding. I'm bringing my own Ipod and speakers. Chandlyn told me it was 50$ an hour for the speaker so I prefer to buy speakers and keep them after the wedding.
                    Hi OchoRioBride,

What time is your wedding? Are you doing dinner at any of the restaurants? I'm considering renting the disco or Seagrapes. I think the disco is $250 US for 2hours and includes the DJ and Bar (9-11) not sure how private though.

My wedding is @ 4 pm and I'm booked right now for Mammee's at 6:30. I want to try and keep everything flowing w/o any breaks and w/o moving locations. ie.. dinner and party part of the reception at different locations.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users