Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
PrecisePlans

Riu Brides - Anyone getting married at the Pond Gazebo

Recommended Posts

I think that I'm going to get the pond gazebo. My mom is set on not walking in sand. She has been complaining about her dress and her heels........you would think that SHE was the one that was getting married.......lol. Either way, i think it will be a beautiful day! Even if we do get married at the gazebo, we will probably go over to the beach to take some of our pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am glad that you were able to make a decision. I can tell you are stressed out. One thing I wonder are the chair covers extra or did they bring them? When I saw any weddings all the chairs were the brown plastic chairs. But at dinner one of the tables were set up with the chair covers (different colors though). I never knew about them. They look really nice. They were not in our budget anyway but that may be a good question for some past ROR brides or Chandlyn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawford2B View Post
I am glad that you were able to make a decision. I can tell you are stressed out. One thing I wonder are the chair covers extra or did they bring them? When I saw any weddings all the chairs were the brown plastic chairs. But at dinner one of the tables were set up with the chair covers (different colors though). I never knew about them. They look really nice. They were not in our budget anyway but that may be a good question for some past ROR brides or Chandlyn.
The chair covers and sashes are either $10 or $15 per chair. If you get them for the ceremony they will bring them to the reception for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder how much it would cost to try to buy some and bring them down myself. I think that $10-$15 is a little expensive for something like that. I am trying to keep costs down and it just seems to get more and more expensive daily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich View Post
Nettupoob11 what do you mean by using a back drop, like putting tool (sp??) on the gazebo?

Mich,

Sorry for the delay. Holiday time. Just a piece of fabric or something is what my ta advised me to do. Ta just advised to remind Chandlyn to have it put up right behind gazebo to block out some of the building shots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishalee View Post
I wonder how much it would cost to try to buy some and bring them down myself. I think that $10-$15 is a little expensive for something like that. I am trying to keep costs down and it just seems to get more and more expensive daily.
You could even rent them from home for cheaper, but that would take up a lot of room in your luggage if you have a lot of guests coming. And the resort may charge you to tie all the bows. I know most places in the states charge to tie the bows... but if you have some guests that are willing to let you split the covers/sashes between their luggage and help with putting them on the chairs it might be worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by nettyboop11 View Post
Mich,

Sorry for the delay. Holiday time. Just a piece of fabric or something is what my ta advised me to do. Ta just advised to remind Chandlyn to have it put up right behind gazebo to block out some of the building shots.

Thanks nettyboop11. I will put that on my list on things to tell Chandlyn.

As much as the sashes are, I have way too many things to be bringing so I'll have to bit the bullet or rent them in JA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×