Photo

Anyone having guests stay in one hotel and having ceremony/reception in another?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#11 LISVITAL

LISVITAL
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 05:36 PM

We are getting married at the Cabo Surf Hotel but everyone is staying in downtown Cabo. I am providing the transportation. I knew I would eliminate people if the hotel was too expensive. I provided a list of hotels within all budgets.
    Lisa

#12 andreslove

andreslove
    • 227 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 08:16 PM

We are staying at Moon Palace, but most guests are staying in the hotel zone. We're also trying to plan activities so that we can see them more than the day of wedding. Ideally, I would have loved for everyone to stay at the same place because they charge for a guest pass since MP is an all-inclusive.

#13 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
      • 420 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:34 AM

Hmmm, how much is a guest pass typically?

This might be a good idea. I am getting really upset that lots of my guests won't be able to come, but then when I start looking at the cheaper resorts, I'm not so excited anymore...

This could be the answer. Tammy's point is a good one, but maybe if there are lots of organized events it could work.

So, then we would just pay for everyone to gather for the wedding, for their day passes, and maybe have a rehearsal dinner offsite?
        Margaret & Eric

#14 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
        • 5,248 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:38 AM

Maggie the day passes, paying for your guests to come to the wedding the day of, and an off-site rehearsel dinner can get pricey for you. But if it's the best way to accomodate your guest then I say do it if it's affordable for you. I'm sure everything will work out and I wouldn't stress. You can always set up fun activities for people to meet up for during the day so that you can all see each other and spend time together.

-Glenda

#15 MagsieMexico

MagsieMexico
          • 420 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:40 AM

Yes it's true.

Maybe stick to a resort that I am excited about, and just give them other options, and hope most will end up staying at the same resort!
            Margaret & Eric

#16 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
            • 5,248 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:46 AM

I think that's what most brides do. You pick a resort that you like and tell all your guests about it. Then hope and pray they stay at that resort. I think you will find that most guests want to stay where everyone else is staying. But they know in the back of their minds that they can stay at another hotel if it financially more convenient for them. And worse comes to worse you pay for a couple of day passes. It will probably be cheaper for you to host your rehearsel dinner at the resort you are staying at and just pay some day passes for those guests that don't stay there.

-Glenda

#17 BRIDEZILLA

BRIDEZILLA
              • 151 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:33 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by LISVITAL
                We are getting married at the Cabo Surf Hotel but everyone is staying in downtown Cabo. I am providing the transportation. I knew I would eliminate people if the hotel was too expensive. I provided a list of hotels within all budgets.
                Lisa
                I am also interested in Cabo Surf but will not have my guests staying there. Did you have to pay a location fee because you didn't reserve rooms?
                Amber & Joe
                [sigpic][/sigpic]

http://daisyPath.com.../2/1/ 10/0/.png

#18 adeybaby

adeybaby
                • 81 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:34 PM

We're thinking about staying at the Westin in PV, but having the reception/cermony at the Mayan next door. The Mayan may have better pricing, but the rooms are nicer and less expensive at the Westin. Plus, there are a few hotels in a row on the Marina for guests to choose from, but we can pretty much be w/in 5 minues of the Mayan. I agree that it's nice during a DW because you can spend extra time with your friends and family.
                  -Adrienne

#19 BayBug

BayBug
                  • 852 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 09:42 PM

I am encouraging my guests to stay in the same hotel as the ceremony/reception. I just want to be sure that everyone is in the same spot incase things change (rain, change of location). The hotel that I am staying at charges about $70/night and I am thinking that is not that expensive.
                    Angie

#20 JOELLEN

JOELLEN
                    • 51 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:10 AM

Hi,

Most of my guests are staying at the PB Pacifica but we are hosting our wedding at Cabo del Sol.
                      We are providing transportation for the guests to and from the wedding.

I think it is fine
                      Angela and Jesse
                      April 21, 2007
                      Cabo del Sol
                      angelajesse.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users