My Bridesmaids gifts.....I think?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Dbld78

Dbld78
  • Banned
  • 665 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:22 PM

Ok.....I'm having a hard time with this. We are putting up our bridal party, they are welcome to stay for the week.....I felt that this was our obligation because we are having our wedding in Charleston. There for I still feel like I owe them gifts....I love giving gifts and I really do appreciate them being apart of our lives and our wedding day. I just don't want anyone to feel put out.

So this is what I done for the girls...

Click the image to open in full size.

In chocolate....I'm gonna get the suede one's for me too....I wanted to buy a pair yesterday to wear to my job last night but they didn't have my size....I always thought they were ugly but these are cute and really cute on....not to mention it was like walking on pillows!

We are also doing a high fashion shoot so I'll be framing an image of them in this frame.

their dresses don't come with wraps and since it'll be about 65 ish....

I decided against doing a tote bag and I really wanted to package everything in a cute way....so these where so much cheaper!

I also got them each Pumpkin body lotion and shower gel.....it smells so good!

So please give me some advice.....am I going over board?

#2 Saraha

Saraha
    • 2,597 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:25 PM

WOW thats awesome, I love everything.

#3 cessyboston

cessyboston
      • VIP Member
      • 2,096 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:29 PM

i think it is enough...all sounds fun and beautiful..plus you are paying for there stay?? why do you think they need more.
        Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#4 nenamono

nenamono
        • 282 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:30 PM

Love all your gifts.
          I think if your budget allows for everything you have posted for all your girls then you arent going overboard you want to see them happy and show your appreciation.
          If you dont want to go crazy dont get anything more, what you have gotten is absoluting fabulous and you are also paying for their stays which Im 100% sure they are appreciative of.
          You are going to have some happy BM's on your hands

#5 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:45 PM

well it depends on how many you have to get gifts for - if it is just 2 or 3 then i say spoile them!

#6 Dbld78

Dbld78
            • Banned
            • 665 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:58 PM

We have 5 girls... and one flower girl. I have gotten the feeling....especially from my sister that our wedding is a inconveince and I would be devistated if they couldn't be there.... so anything I can do to show them that we appreciate their sacrifice to be there for us....I'm gonna do it.

I guess I'm kinda paying them off....which is trerible, really! I think I need to seek wedding planning therapy.....all the comments and the stigma that has now been attached to our wedding is really starting to get to me.

#7 cessyboston

cessyboston
              • VIP Member
              • 2,096 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:00 PM

well i would think family would not want to miss your special day and paying them off is not what you need to do, just be thoughtful and they should know you apriciate them
                Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#8 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
                • Moderators
                • 25,218 posts
                • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
                • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:05 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Dbld78
                I guess I'm kinda paying them off....which is trerible, really! I think I need to seek wedding planning therapy.....all the comments and the stigma that has now been attached to our wedding is really starting to get to me.
                Oh no, Danielle, what's making them feel this way? That really sucks.

Your ideas are great! They'll love the things you are doing for them.

#9 amyh

amyh

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 3,754 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:09 PM

Wow, I want to be one of your BM's! I think its all great and only you know if you are going overboard. You certaintly shouldn't feel obligated to get them all these gifts, they should be honored that you asked them to be by your side on your wedding day!

#10 Stormsong

Stormsong
                  • 287 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 02:09 PM

where did you get those frames from?? They are great!!!!!! I really like them!!

Those gifts look great!!! You are spoiling your girls! Good for you!!!
                    Lisa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users