Photo

Melia Caribe Tropical: Q&A Related specifically to this hotel

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

#11 shellb

shellb
  • 533 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 08:08 PM

Thank you, I've been to it. I find it too hard to read through that long thread, it was started in early 2006... I am on page 29 of 56 for the Melia. I read a bit each week. I figured this thread could be used for simpler questions, but if there are only 2 of us... I guess I'll stick to that thread.

#12 electracity017

electracity017
    • 14 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:50 PM

Just wanted to say hello......I'm a newbie to the boards. I am getting married at The Melia Caribe on December 11, 2008!

#13 shellb

shellb
      • 533 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 07:01 PM

Congrats, the Melia looks awesome does it not? Gazebo and gardens are so pretty. Wait til you see all the pics on the Facebook group and Debbies forum (69 pages I think).

We had a friend come back from a 2 week vacation there last week and all she did was rave about how gorgeous the grounds are. Although, I am sure all of the resorts down there are.

You will also find this forum one of the most valuable. The people are terrific...so much info, so many ideas, so supportive and helpful. Welcome, welcome!!!

If there is anything I can help with just let me know!

#14 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 07:04 AM

Just got back from Punta Cana. We honeymooned at Paradisus Palma Real, which is reight next door to the Melia. The Melia looks HUGE. Part of PPR shares a walkway (part of the Melia's tram lane) with the Melia ... and the buildings that I saw looked good from the outside.

I'm sure you're Melia wedding will be wonderful!

#15 electracity017

electracity017
          • 14 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 08:48 AM

Hey Shelb...........I see you are from Nova Scotia, which part? My FI is originally from NS.

#16 shellb

shellb
            • 533 posts

Posted 14 May 2008 - 06:16 PM

Originally from a very small place called Havre Boucher (on the mainland, but close to Cape Breton Island). I am currently living in Halifax. Where's your FI from?

#17 electracity017

electracity017
              • 14 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:57 AM

He is from Cape Breton.......Inverness to be exact.

#18 shellb

shellb
                • 533 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 10:38 AM

Ah, he's a Caper then. Inverness is a very nice place. Love Cape Breton actually. You'll have to check it out sometime if you haven't already!

He'd probably know where I am from then...you'd have to pass it just after crossing the causeway to come onto the mainland of Nova Scotia.

#19 Juan Guzman dfotoart

Juan Guzman dfotoart
                  • 70 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 12:23 PM

Melia is really awesome and comfortable too. In The WC office they are very cooperative in all sense every time we go there to work.
                    Juan Guzman

#20 electracity017

electracity017
                    • 14 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:24 AM

Yes, I have been there.......it's beautiful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users