Sign in to follow this  
nikkianddean

What did you walk down the aisle to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
I have no idea what I walked down the isle to, lol, we hired a mariatchi band and they played beautiful spanish music as they walked behind me. Everyone says it was really beautiful, but honestly it is a blur to me, but I know I felt really good so it must have been:)
omg that sounds so awesone! i need to look into that...

My whole wedding procession and I walked into Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" by Isreal "Iz" Kamakawiwo'ole.

And our recession was "Beautiful Day" by U2 (it played right on the chorus after we kissed.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJen View Post
My whole wedding procession and I walked into Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World" by Isreal "Iz" Kamakawiwo'ole.
i think i'll still use this song as well, we were gonna use it when we still had our hawaii theme. i dont see why i couldnt stil use it :) i love it, but i've been looking for the version that is almost like a live recording? i know i've heard it different from the standard one. if anyone has it, let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougsGirl View Post
i think i'll still use this song as well, we were gonna use it when we still had our hawaii theme. i dont see why i couldnt stil use it :) i love it, but i've been looking for the version that is almost like a live recording? i know i've heard it different from the standard one. if anyone has it, let me know!
Oh, definitely use it!!! It's so beautiful and I LOVE the way the two songs are merged together. And it's long enough for the entire wedding procession and you to use (about 4 minutes.)

I plan on walking down the aisle to mexican guitar music. Now that I think about it - the music should be different for the BM's and groomsmen shouldn't it? Wow - this is a good thread because I don't know what they are walking down to. YIKES! I'll see what ideas I get from the rest of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
I have no idea what I walked down the isle to, lol, we hired a mariatchi band and they played beautiful spanish music as they walked behind me. Everyone says it was really beautiful, but honestly it is a blur to me, but I know I felt really good so it must have been:)
We are getting mariachi's to follow the wedding party from the lobby of our hotel to the restaurant for the reception.

I am SO pumped for this part of the wedding! I TOTALLY want a grand entrance!

The Air I Breathe by Teena Marie...it was a perfect fit for us :)

YouTube - Teena Marie - The Air I Breathe

Somewhere across the galaxies

Your hand reached out to shelter me

Now no reasons have I more to weep

For love was everything you touched

And wanting to give back as much

Silence now is golden when you sleep

You know you are my baby and deep inside your dreams

Yes I'd like to fly - never more to cry

You're the greatest joy I've ever known within my life

You're the air I breathe

You're the songs I sing

You're the rain that makes the roses grow

The earth beneath my feet

The wind and waving wheat

You're the air I breathe so now you know

That I can't live without you baby

Baby I would die without your love

Morning brings a brand new song,

playing for you all along

Melody and lyric you must know

That somewhere cross the galaxies

Was planned a greater destiny

A time to reap and then a time to sow

You know you are my passion and deep inside of you

Yes I'd like to fly - never more to cry

You are the greatest joy I've ever known within my life

You're the air I breathe

You're the songs I sing

You're the rain that makes the roses grow

The earth beneath my feet

The wind and waving wheat

You're the air I breathe so now you know

That I can't live without you baby

Baby I would die without your love

Like autumn changes leaves to green

Like winter calls to spring

Like roses need the rain to grow

And just like rivers flow

I will always love you

You are the very air I breathe

My life, my love, my heaven and my all

And no one could ever change what God intended

I wished upon a star and here you are

And I wouldn't last a day without you

Just like autumn changes leaves to green

You're my winter, summer, fall and spring

Everything I am

The air I breathe

As we kissed & for the recession they played Golden Time of Day, the sun was setting as the song played, it was just magical :)

YouTube - Maze Feat. Frankie Beverley - Golden Time Of Day

There's a time of the day when the sun is going down

That's the golden time of day

It's a time that the sun turns a gold all around

At the end of the day when the wind is soft and warm

Don't it make the flowers sway

When the sun settles down and it takes a lovely form

People let me tell you

There's a time in your life when you find who you are