Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#9951 Cannrein

Cannrein
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:01 AM

I'm back! I just got another email that says I have to pay another 400 for a minister. My aunt is going to be marrying us because its not legal. She is staying on the resort. Any brides have this happen to them? I'M FREAKING OUT A BIT!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH 850 dollars added to everything a month in a half before! HELP!!!

#9952 safety75

safety75
    • 287 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

I think you just need to tell them that your aunt is marrying you and they shouldn't charge the fee. As for the gazebo fee, is your ceremony on the weekend? I thought I saw somewhere that they charge for weekend weddings.  

#9953 marooon13

marooon13
      • 250 posts
      • Wedding Date:April 25, 2013
      • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa del Carmen
      • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:39 AM

The same thing happened to us. My brother married us so we did not have to pay for the minister. Just tell them it is a symbolic ceremony and you shouldn't have to pay the fee. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannrein 

I'm back! I just got another email that says I have to pay another 400 for a minister. My aunt is going to be marrying us because its not legal. She is staying on the resort. Any brides have this happen to them? I'M FREAKING OUT A BIT!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH 850 dollars added to everything a month in a half before! HELP!!!

#9954 Cannrein

Cannrein
      • 9 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

I'm getting married at 3:00 on Sunday. I wanted to skip the 400.00 fee so thats why I made it this early.

#9955 Cannrein

Cannrein
        • 9 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

Ok, I'll let her know that! Thanks!!!

#9956 safety75

safety75
          • 287 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:52 AM

If the charge isn't for the weekend then I'm not sure what it would be for. I was just married two weeks ago and I did not have to pay a fee to use the gazebo.  I'd argue with them and ask for specific documentation as to what the charge is for and to show you where it is in your contract/package. 

#9957 Billandstina

Billandstina
            • 396 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:11 AM

STICK TO YOUR GUNS!!!! You have your contract! Who's your coordinator??

#9958 Cannrein

Cannrein
              • 9 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

ALEJANDRA PARRA. It was Claudy and she went on materinty leave. I asked Claudy in the begining if there was any other charge besides 30pp and 10pp if I wanted an extra hour for recepetion and she told me no. Alejandra keeps telling me it is a rental and setup fee for the Gazebo. It says nothing about this in my contract, or the other emails I sent with Claudy from day one.

#9959 Jessica G

Jessica G
                • 70 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 09:47 AM

If it is on the weekend (thurs through Sunday) no matter what time you do it I am pretty sure they charge the fee. For the minister- if you tell them it's your aunt and she is staying on the resort there shouldn't be a fee! Good luck!!

#9960 Shunzik

Shunzik
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 65 posts
                  • Wedding Date:May 3, 2014
                  • Wedding Location:The Royal Playa Del Carmen

Posted 18 July 2013 - 06:16 AM

Hi Guys, I am trying to pick my meals for my guests for the reception but I am not sure what to choose. If I were in the states I'd do a steak but I know in Mexico I've had that before and it was WAY over cooked. Any recommendations?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users