Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#9831 jordanb

jordanb
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Jessica G 

jordanb! your tables were so pretty!! Did you bring those lanterns down with you, or did they have them there? I was thinking about doing them also!! Congrats on getting married! Everything looked so beautiful in your pictures!

DoReMix djs thru the resort were great- and they bright all the props you were asking about, plus fireworks, free of charge.

I brought the lanterns!

What: Mexican beach wedding extravaganza

When: January 18, 2013

Where: The Royal Playa Del Carmen

Who: Soon-to-be Mr. & Mrs. Sprague; 50+ guests; del Sol Photography

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#9832 Billandstina

Billandstina
    • 396 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

They bring the fireworks? Then why does the resort want to charge us extra for the fireworks? Grrrr lol

#9833 jordanb

jordanb
      • 185 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

That's weird- they didn't charge me and I got a note from the DJ saying that they were bringing them for free!

Check out our wedding photos sneak peek from Del Sol: http://delsolphotogr...n-destinatio...

#9834 Billandstina

Billandstina
        • 396 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

Maybe because we have different packages perhaps? They're listed as an extra option for us. I'm not remembering off the too of my head...did you pay for an extra hour? Or you added it at the time of the actual wedding since everyone was having fun? Did the DJ mind staying an extra hour if this is what you did? (Sorry...I've been reading reviews today so I'm muddling up the different ones in my head! Lol)

#9835 jordanb

jordanb
          • 185 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

We paid or an extra hour up front!

#9836 Billandstina

Billandstina
            • 396 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:14 PM

And it was worth it? What find did your reception end? We've pushed back our ceremony to 4:30

#9837 Billandstina

Billandstina
              • 396 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

Is worth paying the extra hour fee per guest for the hour? I'm just struggling with the concept of paying an extra hour for over 50 guests! That's a ton of money! (Originally we were thinking we'd have a maximum of 20-30 people but everyone so far is coming...eeek...the prices just keep hiking)!!

#9838 bella92008

bella92008
                • 20 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hi there!

I love The Royal, and would love to have my wedding there. The only stick is that there are some family members who have children. While I understand they are allowed in for the wedding itself, did any of you feel horrible for not having these family & friends stay at the same resort as you? It just seems a bit mean to have the wedding and havbe ppl fly all the way down, and then make them stay elsewhere... I am just struggling with this decision and want to know how your family/friends with children reacted..??  My fiance thinks its not a very nice thing to do..!

Thanks so much!!

#9839 MSPOKRAN

MSPOKRAN
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 88 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

Yes and compared to the resort prices of $65 per table for "crap" I will deal with it!

#9840 MSPOKRAN

MSPOKRAN
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 88 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:27 AM

Bella- I hadnt planned on ANY children thus why I picked Royal PDC. But now I have 3 coming. The Gran Porto is right next door and in the same family of resorts and they allow children. It's easy to walk between the hotels and you will still incur some charges but not as bad. Looking back, if I had known some people would still insist on bringing the kids I would have chosen a family resort. How many do you think will be coming? If you can plan for it I would. What is going to happen now is we'll have to go off resort more often to include our guests with kids. If there arent too many coming then consider Gran Porto next door.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)