ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Originally Posted by Billandstina View Post

Is worth paying the extra hour fee per guest for the hour? I'm just struggling with the concept of paying an extra hour for over 50 guests! That's a ton of money! (Originally we were thinking we'd have a maximum of 20-30 people but everyone so far is coming...eeek...the prices just keep hiking)!!

Totally, totally worth it. The reception goes by SO fast, we had the extra hour and almost wished we had booked 2 extra hours. I definitely suggest doing it. We had around 50 people, so I know the cost stinks but they really get the crowd going and you will have a great time.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Need some help!

Our wedding is 2 months from today! My brother is ordained and we were planning on having him marry us, rather than some guy from Mexico we have never met before. Anyways, I sent our final documents to our wedding coordinator, Claudy, this weekend (mentioning that we had someone to marry us) and I got this response:

• I just saw you are bringing someone to marry you…. you that is consider a a symbolic ceremony here in Mexico…If you want to have a civil/legal one…you need to use our justice of the peace and to have a blood test.

I know that I have read of numerous brides bringing someone to Mexico to marry them. I don't know if the legal aspect of it has changed but I don't understand why we aren't able to bring our own minister. Has anyone else had this problem or have any advice for me?

I know our other option is to get married in a court house first then have a symbolic ceremony but the reason we are having a destination wedding in the first place is because we do not live near our families and court house or not, I want my parents to be there- which is not likely to come together just 2 months before the wedding.

Totally, totally worth it. The reception goes by SO fast, we had the extra hour and almost wished we had booked 2 extra hours. I definitely suggest doing it. We had around 50 people, so I know the cost stinks but they really get the crowd going and you will have a great time.
Well it's great to hear that! I want everyone to have the most memorable wedding experience so I think we'll do it. Do you mind telling me what your schedule of events was?

Quote:

Originally Posted by marooon13 View Post

Need some help!

Our wedding is 2 months from today! My brother is ordained and we were planning on having him marry us, rather than some guy from Mexico we have never met before. Anyways, I sent our final documents to our wedding coordinator, Claudy, this weekend (mentioning that we had someone to marry us) and I got this response:

• I just saw you are bringing someone to marry you…. you that is consider a a symbolic ceremony here in Mexico…If you want to have a civil/legal one…you need to use our justice of the peace and to have a blood test.

I know that I have read of numerous brides bringing someone to Mexico to marry them. I don't know if the legal aspect of it has changed but I don't understand why we aren't able to bring our own minister. Has anyone else had this problem or have any advice for me?

I know our other option is to get married in a court house first then have a symbolic ceremony but the reason we are having a destination wedding in the first place is because we do not live near our families and court house or not, I want my parents to be there- which is not likely to come together just 2 months before the wedding.

Marin - I responded to your PM, but figured I would post it here, too. Unbeknowst to our guests, we were legally married at home. We had a friend who is ordained that performed the ceremony for us at her house, with just her and our 2 witnesses there. We did it about 2 weeks before our Mexican wedding. It was just alot easier for us, plus we knew we wanted a friend to perform our real wedding ceremony in Mexico for us. It saved us alot of headache and was perfect.

Originally Posted by Billandstina View Post

Well it's great to hear that! I want everyone to have the most memorable wedding experience so I think we'll do it. Do you mind telling me what your schedule of events was?

If you use Doremixx, they will send you an Excel spreadsheet that you can modify to make your wedding reception timeline. I still have mine, and if you PM me your email address, I'll forward it over. Also, I made a list on the spreadsheet of "must play" songs, and certain "no not play" songs. They followed this, and our crowd, perfectly. I had said to only do slow songs if the crowd seemed into it, and they obviously saw our crowd wanted all dancing songs - because they never played slow songs, and it was perfect for us.

Here was our timeline, I mostly wanted to get all the formal stuff out of the way so we could just party it up once everything was done. We also didn't do a garter toss or bouquet toss, so you could add those in somewhere.

5:30 PM                Guests arrival(Reception area)

5:40 PM                Wedding party arrives  

5:45 PM                Bride & Groom Arrival

5:50 PM                First dance (Bride & Groom)

5:55 PM                Father & Daughter Dance

6:00 PM                Mother & Son dance

6:05 PM                Toast

6:10 PM                Cake cutting

6:12 PM                Dinner Blessing

6:15 PM                Dinner Served (1st Course then Best Man & Maid of Honor speech. While Serving Cake, Bride & Groom Thank You Speech)

7:15 PM                Party start

9:25 PM                Next to last song

9:30 PM                Last song

Hi Marooon13,

In response to your legal vs. symbolic question, their rules are extremely strict to get married in Mexico. I actually have a copy of everything that is involved/required if you want me to send it to you. Like deniden said, I also had a legal marriage before going to Mexico, and brought someone with us to do our cymbolic while we were in Mexico.

We did ours actually 1 year prior, so that our "wedding" was on our 1 year anniversary. It's not a decision that everyone likes, but it is what worked for us. We didn't bring anyone with us, no friends or family because we didn't want that to be our wedding. We wanted our Mexico wedding to be the one that everyone remembered. You could do the legal marriage after you get home from Mexico instead of before, and maybe that would be more comfortable and your parents wouldn't feel like they missed out on anything? 

We were prepared to do everything to have a legal until my husband found out about needing to have blood drawn, and that was the end of that conversation for him, lol.

Thank you Deniden and mae!

I think we have decided that we will legally get married in the United States prior to our wedding in Mexico. As long as we keep it somewhat of a secret, I have no doubt that our wedding in Mexico will be just as important- if not more, than our court appearance (hah) in the states. Thank you both for your advice! I guess if we can avoid stress once we get to Mexico, it is better this way anyways!

Plus, who wants blood drawn in Mexico :/... I am a nurse and all of my co-workers told me to being a few of my own needles!

I think we have decided that we will legally get married in the United States prior to our wedding in Mexico. As long as we keep it somewhat of a secret, I have no doubt that our wedding in Mexico will be just as important- if not more, than our court appearance (hah) in the states. Thank you both for your advice! I guess if we can avoid stress once we get to Mexico, it is better this way anyways!

Plus, who wants blood drawn in Mexico :/... I am a nurse and all of my co-workers told me to being a few of my own needles!

Originally Posted by marooon13 View Post

LOL, my mom is a phlebotomist and I actually asked our WC if she could be the one to draw our blood. DH said that was the only way he would let them do it. Although I feel like her tray may have been fun to get through customs, lol