Photo

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

• Please log in to reply
9993 replies to this topic

#7381 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
  • 712 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 02:32 PM

Ugh, I'm starting to get the texts: "what is happening in Playa?!"

http://www.cnn.com/2...sion/index.html

#7382 ChicagoBride2011

ChicagoBride2011
    • 277 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lisa DSO 

Ohh wow, horrible.  But really it could happen anywhere, I hope your guests are not freaking out.

Had the most AMAZING wedding at The Royal PDC on May 1, 2011

#7383 msglave

msglave
      • 933 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:37 PM

Oh Sh&t!!! That's horrible! I do agree that it could happen anywhere but you know people are already nervous about the violence in Mexico so this is just one more thing. I'm sure I'll be getting the texts soon as well.

The Royal Playa del Carmen 12.11.10 / 46 people + bride & groom attended!!!!!
        Our keycard holders w/ template & pics
        www.jadicaandraveyn.com

#7384 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
        • 712 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:14 PM

Yeah, it is really sad :-(

#7385 orbitingbklyn

orbitingbklyn
          • 71 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:30 PM

My aunt & uncle (on one side) are not coming because my aunt is afraid she will be mugged and kidnapped. that was the "official" excuse.  really, they just don't feel like coming, and it's definitely not a money or work/vacation issue for them at all.  so i'm with ya... don't worry, it's other people's issues!!  from what the brides who've gotten married are saying, everything is going to be awesome!!!  this is your day, don't let anyone spoil it :)   i just can't wait to soak up some sun, relax & have a great time!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FutureMrsYak 

Thanks ladies!! That makes me feel so much better! There has been so much drama with the aunt, she was fully paid and then backed out because it wasn't something "she really wanted to do" she told me!! So I've been kind of hurt about it for the past 4 months, and now last night she calls and says "Ok I'm booked I'm going!!" And I say Ok great...thinking in my mind, ok now I need to get one more OOT bag together, I have to get a hold of the WC to add her and get her a day pass to spend the whole day there....ughh I'm glad she's going but I guess it will all work!

We leave November 29th!! 2 weeks from tomorrow!! I just picked up my hair extensions today!! lol

i am bringing my OOT bag stuff separately & putting them together when i get there. (that's in response to Lisa DSO) - congrats!!!  it's so soon!!  have a great time!!

#7386 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
            • 712 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:05 AM

Thanks! I'm trying to stay positive despite the fact that the 10 day forecast has it raining from the day i get there through the wedding :-(

#7387 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
              • 712 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:29 AM

Does anyone know when Jess gets back?

#7388 bride2bdebbie

bride2bdebbie
                • 113 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:35 AM

Quote:

Yeah, it is really sad :-(

OMG That is just horrible, I can't believe this even happened! I heard from one of my bridesmaids who said "wow have you heard about all the bad stuff happening in Mexico" I'm sure this was an isolated incident and guests have to realize that. I guess all we can say is if our guests really want to be there they will, my wedding is a year away and I'm already hearing excuses. I love that all of us BDW brides have eachother for support. Future brides don't let this bring you down!! Nothing we can do or say will change what happened. We just need to be positive at this point and know that some things are out if our control. It will all work out;)
                  Debbie & Mark were married at The Royal Playa Del Carmen ~ 20.11.2011

#7389 Lisa DSO

Lisa DSO
                  • 712 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by bride2bdebbie 

OMG That is just horrible, I can't believe this even happened! I heard from one of my bridesmaids who said "wow have you heard about all the bad stuff happening in Mexico" I'm sure this was an isolated incident and guests have to realize that. I guess all we can say is if our guests really want to be there they will, my wedding is a year away and I'm already hearing excuses. I love that all of us BDW brides have eachother for support. Future brides don't let this bring you down!! Nothing we can do or say will change what happened. We just need to be positive at this point and know that some things are out if our control. It will all work out;)

Well said!

#7390 jesmcan

jesmcan
                    • 1,091 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:38 AM

Hi ladies I'm back!!!!! I do not even know where to begin except that it was the most amazing day of my life and I remember every moment

Wickys was the most amazing place for our rehearsal/welcome dinner I am going to post pics to Shutterfly today and I will share the link with everyone. The food was amazing!!!! Our photographer Samuel ended up getting in a car accident and never showed up :( We luckily were able to get other photographers for that night. They did an amazing job.

Samuel Luna was fine thank god and came for the wedding. He is the sweetest coolest guy ever and i cannot wait to see the pics. I can't wait to share the video and everything with you guys.

The resort is incredible and we did not have one bad meal.

kool beach club was the best decision we ever made. This place is absolutely breath taking. We had no rain and had the most beautiful day. It was blue blue skys and sunshine. Unfortunetly some of the other brides had rain :( but it is good luck!

I need to catch up and get back to reality :) if you have any pressing questions please do ask right away

The Royal PDC & Kool Beach Club 11.12.10

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users