Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

Well it looks like tons of my friends and family are really freaking out over this explosion. I have no idea what to do. I'm starting to get really nervous that people are not going to come because of all the bad press and stuff going on.... :(  My mom is trying to get me to move everything to somewhere else....

 

Jess- YAY!! So glad you had an amazing wedding!!! Can not wait to see your pics!!! All of us were thinking of you on Friday :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aww thanks Debbie!! It actually did not look that great on me...but I tried on a few others. I am so torn now on what dress to go with!!
 

Originally Posted by bride2bdebbie View Post


Hi Risa, I think this dress is beautiful... I'm a huge fan of the one shoulder. I'm sure whatever dress you choose will look amazing!! Good luck:)
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by risa1818 View Post

 Ladies, I have a dress but I bought it when I thought I was going to be having a wedding here in MA. Now that I am not, I just am not sure if I love it for Mexico...

 

Soooo..tomorrow I am trying on a dress that I found online at a bridal store near my house. Here is a link to it:

 

http://www.bridepower.com/Liv-Harris/Aline/4612/gd.aspx

 

I really love the one shoulder look and hope it looks good on me!! Unfortunately, if I love it then I can not buy it right away because I definitely need to sell my dress first :(

 

We'll see how it goes!!

 

 


 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok ladies, I need help.  What is or did everyone get their bridesmaids for gifts?  I feel like I should get them something really nice because their all taking the trip down to Mexico for us.  Last weekend was my sisters wedding and she got us personalized jewelery boxes that were $125 each! I don't think that's in our budget. She also only had 2 of us and I have 4 girls to buy for.  What kind of gifts are you getting your bridal party?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the sxplosion has had all my Fiance freaking out, its bad enough his cousin send him an email every other month with articles about the "cartel" wars and violence in Mexico. Im trying to remain calm and just like someone else said if they truly want to be at our wedding they will show up. I live in SanDiego, CA and am very comforatable and used to a lot of the stories, not sure if im being unfair to others who are truly scared to go.

 

Jess- CONGRATS!!! SO good to hear all went perfect for you and your guestd!! Who was your orignal photographer? just curious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back Jess!   So glad to hear things went perfect!

 

I looked at Wicky's for welcome dinner, but we couldn't afford it.  It looks like a great place though. 

 

Can't wait to see pics and hear more about your trip and wedding! :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by risa1818 View Post

 

Well it looks like tons of my friends and family are really freaking out over this explosion. I have no idea what to do. I'm starting to get really nervous that people are not going to come because of all the bad press and stuff going on.... :(  My mom is trying to get me to move everything to somewhere else....

 

Jess- YAY!! So glad you had an amazing wedding!!! Can not wait to see your pics!!! All of us were thinking of you on Friday :)

 

Thank you sooooo much

 

 

Originally Posted by Natalie79 View Post

 

Welcome back Jess!  Glad everything went perfectly for you :)

 

Getting back to reality SUX!  I've been back one week and i'm still not totally there yet...

Thank you ya its sucking already. I am going to go read your review now :)

 

 

 

Originally Posted by JoZee84 View Post

 

Ok ladies, I need help.  What is or did everyone get their bridesmaids for gifts?  I feel like I should get them something really nice because their all taking the trip down to Mexico for us.  Last weekend was my sisters wedding and she got us personalized jewelery boxes that were $125 each! I don't think that's in our budget. She also only had 2 of us and I have 4 girls to buy for.  What kind of gifts are you getting your bridal party?

I ended up paying for their hair and make up, getting them tote bags, flip flops and tank tops

 

 

 

Originally Posted by Mrs.G2B View Post

 

So the sxplosion has had all my Fiance freaking out, its bad enough his cousin send him an email every other month with articles about the "cartel" wars and violence in Mexico. Im trying to remain calm and just like someone else said if they truly want to be at our wedding they will show up. I live in SanDiego, CA and am very comforatable and used to a lot of the stories, not sure if im being unfair to others who are truly scared to go.

 

Jess- CONGRATS!!! SO good to hear all went perfect for you and your guestd!! Who was your orignal photographer? just curious.

 

It was Samuel Luna he was awesome on the wedding day - I felt so bad that this happened to him

 

 

Originally Posted by ChicagoBride2011 View Post

 

Welcome back Jess!   So glad to hear things went perfect!

 

I looked at Wicky's for welcome dinner, but we couldn't afford it.  It looks like a great place though.

 

Can't wait to see pics and hear more about your trip and wedding! :)

 

 

Yes it is very expensive but it was incredible I am uploading pics now :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by risa1818 View Post

 

Well it looks like tons of my friends and family are really freaking out over this explosion. I have no idea what to do. I'm starting to get really nervous that people are not going to come because of all the bad press and stuff going on.... :(  My mom is trying to get me to move everything to somewhere else....

 

Jess- YAY!! So glad you had an amazing wedding!!! Can not wait to see your pics!!! All of us were thinking of you on Friday :)

 

My dad also suggested that I move the wedding to Canada (FI's from there) lol. Unfortunately it seems to be the reality that a good portion of people will not go. I had people (even two in my wedding party, including my MOH) who are no longer going :-(. One of my bridesmaids still hasn't booked and we leave a week from today. O_o  ....people will have the best intentions, but realistically the majority will not. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by JoZee84 View Post

 

Ok ladies, I need help.  What is or did everyone get their bridesmaids for gifts?  I feel like I should get them something really nice because their all taking the trip down to Mexico for us.  Last weekend was my sisters wedding and she got us personalized jewelery boxes that were $125 each! I don't think that's in our budget. She also only had 2 of us and I have 4 girls to buy for.  What kind of gifts are you getting your bridal party?

 

I only have two bridesmaids, so I bought their dresses (david's bridal), and I just ordered them a travel bag that hangs with their names embroidered on it. Have you looked on the knot? They often have stuff on sale or clearance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jess, i'm go glad you had the wedding of your dreams! If you get a chance to read back a bit, I had a dream that we all watched your wedding on webcam ...it was hilarious. 

 

How did things go with Marvin? Did you meet him somewhere? Also, did they charge you for Fernando? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hello all!! I'm planning to get married next week. I'm working in an MNC and I'm gonna marry my colleague who is in my company. It's been ten months since we have started our relationship. He used to support in all my difficulties and used to help me in my work. Always he used to tell me about my smile. He says that I have a very good smile and he loves it. Recently I lost my front tooth after an accident and it resulted in a bad look for me. He told me that I lost my beautiful smile. I was totally disappointed and thought of finding a solution. I heard about dental dentures and took an appointment at a clinic in Scarborough. Will dentures affect my speech? What was your experience of getting dentures? 
    • Go for the third one. It is gorgeous and you will look stunning in that. I'm sure you will be noticed by other people. Go for it.
    • I would suggest the long one. You will look stunning in that. It is simple and elegant.
    • Both the gown are awesome and I'm sure you will look gorgeous in both. But I would suggest the first one. Go for it and Congratulations for your marriage.
    • Hello everyone,  I am still engaged, still not planning the big day, because we haven't chosen a date + we have some family stiff to do so I hope that this forum will help me a lot before the real craziness during the wedding planning period. Happy to be here
  • Topics

×