Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Let me know if you don't find it and I'll send you the link.

Originally Posted by Fancy That View Post

Luna - me too!  I've been trying to find good Unity Sand Ceremony vessels (vases or frames where you can pour the sand in)

Misglave - THANK YOU for the Etsy tip!  I didn't see any sand ceremony stuff there when I looked earlier, but I'll check again.

Luna - my WC said we just need to give them the vows/script for the Officiant to read, or if you two are reading it.  And bring the "stuff" - like the vases, the colored sand, the ribbon for hand ceremony etc.

Just tell them what you want to do and when, and they do it.  You can communicate it earlier, but they will take care of it, probably when you meet them onsite, just before the wedding.

SAND CEREMONY QUESTION - When , in the ceremonly, are people doing it? We are doing a symbolic, simple short ceremony (non-catholic, non-denominational) and I'm not sure "when" the sand ceremony should happen.  Any tips?

Hi Risa, Welcome to the forum! 

Originally Posted by risa1818 View Post

Hi ladies!!

I am new to this board. I spent hours last night reading through it and I can not even tell you how wonderful and SUPER helpful all the information was!

A little about me: I am 29, live in Boston and we are booking our date for The Royal tomorrow!! We will be getting married there June 11, 2011. I am so excited!!

I was a little concerned at first since I read about how terrible the WCs are there but I am confident it will all work out and we have a wonderful TA from Beach Bum Vacations who has been amazing!

Just thought I would introduce myself and again this board is really excellent! The information here has already been so helpful to me! I am looking forward to getting to know all of you ladies!

~Marisa

Thanks for the kind words!

Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post

Hi Runningbride,

I had a family relative to do my hair!

Here are the pictures in my planning thread.

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/59477/lady-di-s-ginormous-planning-thread

Check out the last page...i posted a picture of back of my hair.

Regarding miscommunication and lack of replies from the WCs, I am sorry that is happening to you, Raveyn but they will take care of you once you are down there. I had NO problems with Lilia at all.

Hello all,

I have a question about the $400 fee for a minister or officiant. I never noticed that before when I was looking at the package, all I saw was the fee for the 4pm wedding. Do all of you ladies have to pay that fee? Has anyone found a different officiant or person elsewhere and brought them in to the ceremony? I am sure there would be the fee for that as well.

Originally Posted by risa1818 View Post

Hello all,

I have a question about the $400 fee for a minister or officiant. I never noticed that before when I was looking at the package, all I saw was the fee for the 4pm wedding. Do all of you ladies have to pay that fee? Has anyone found a different officiant or person elsewhere and brought them in to the ceremony? I am sure there would be the fee for that as well.

That's what I'll be paying if I choose a minister.  My FI's friend performs weddings here and we offered to pay for his flight if he will do the ceremony, but he is still thinking about it.  I really hope there is not an outside vendor fee for that!  I'm going to ask my WC in my next round of questions.

Hey "Oct.9-10-11 Crew" :)

My main wedding colors are 'spring green & ivory' with a 'dark fuschia' accent.  I don't have any fun tumblers planned, but maybe I should order some? If so - mine will be green!  So between the three of us - there will be turquoise, pink and green tumblers running around the Royal PDC that week! :)

Now to go find the Sand Ceremony stuff and start getting the actual vows/copy put together for the "flow" of the ceremony!

Originally Posted by smckinney22 View Post

Yay!  That's crazy I think we're all at 4pm but just 3 days in a row!  I think RB's is 4pm on the beach too.  As long as my crazy group of family isn't pulling me in a million directions I'd love to sneak a peak at ya'lls weddings as well!  I'm in the gazebo at 4 on the 9th ;)  What are your colors?  RB said her peeps will have Pink tumblers.

Hola Royal ladies!  Just wanted to annouce I booked my date today!  Now I'm going to have to read the whole thread and really start planning!! wink.gif

JULY 22, 2011!!!

I am soooo excited!

smile123.gif