Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

Is this a stupid question.....now I'm thinking because of the above post...if we add international to our cell phones, we should be able to use them in Mexico right? We'll have service and all?

 

FI and I plan to add international but not use the phones much. Just in case anyone needs to get a hold of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
For anyone who did a legal ceremony where in the ceremony is the legal part?

I now this is the silliest question but after you do the thumb prints do they give you qipes to wipe the in off so I don't get it on my dress lol
Yeah, they do give you something to wipe off. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrimark2010 View Post
Question for you ladies who have already been married at The Royal - since the resort is so big, and cell phones won't work in Mexico, how did your guests communicate with each other? I was thinking of getting some walkie-talkies and including them in the welcome bags, but I don't know if that will be cost-effective...

Thanks for any input you may have!!

Kerri
You guys can always add international plan to your phones. Not that expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsYak View Post
Is this a stupid question.....now I'm thinking because of the above post...if we add international to our cell phones, we should be able to use them in Mexico right? We'll have service and all?

FI and I plan to add international but not use the phones much. Just in case anyone needs to get a hold of us.
Yes, there are cell phone service in Mexico and you will be able to use them if you have international plan on your phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by randi.renstrom View Post
thanks! we have all of our guests staying at the royal which definitely helps. i just saw how after the 'luxury package' on the price list it says $30/person....but i couldn't imagine it would be that, PLUS the 5/ceremony, 10/cocktail, 30/reception, you know what i mean? i tried to contact Jael, so we'll see what she comes back with :)
Oh I am sorry! gotcha now and yes that is correct. When we were doing our reception at the Royal and we had the Ultimate Luxury if its over 50 people those are the prices once it goes over 50. So for everyone person over 50 people you would have to pay that I cant remember how many people are included in the luxury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrimark2010 View Post
Question for you ladies who have already been married at The Royal - since the resort is so big, and cell phones won't work in Mexico, how did your guests communicate with each other? I was thinking of getting some walkie-talkies and including them in the welcome bags, but I don't know if that will be cost-effective...

Thanks for any input you may have!!

Kerri
My cell phone has always worked in Mexico- did u hear something about the Royal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsYak View Post
Is this a stupid question.....now I'm thinking because of the above post...if we add international to our cell phones, we should be able to use them in Mexico right? We'll have service and all?

FI and I plan to add international but not use the phones much. Just in case anyone needs to get a hold of us.
I think it's a great idea

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny310 View Post
I finally got an email from Elsa Torres!!! Very happy I have a contact there again!
She's mine, too! Guess she will be handling both of ours that week :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll post a review sometime soon but wanted to let you know that we are back and had a fabulous time at our wedding. Our guests were totally blown away. I can't tell you how pleased everyone was with both Playa del Carmen and the Royal. I've heard many people already talking about planning a return trip as soon as possible. I'm anxiously awaiting pics to share with all of you.

 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is so good to hear! I'm so excited to read your review! Glad you had a wonderful wedding!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by super19 View Post
I'll post a review sometime soon but wanted to let you know that we are back and had a fabulous time at our wedding. Our guests were totally blown away. I can't tell you how pleased everyone was with both Playa del Carmen and the Royal. I've heard many people already talking about planning a return trip as soon as possible. I'm anxiously awaiting pics to share with all of you.

 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am getting married at the Royal on Nov. 7th and have a few questions. I haven't been assigned a wedding coordinator yet so i am sure she can answer these for me but i thought someone on here would know already...

 

1. What are the resort photographers like? Do you have to use them?

 

2. What about other outside vendors like bands/cakes etc.? I really want the marachi band to play at the cocktail reception in the garden...

 

3. What restaurant do you suggest for the semi-private dinner reception?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by super19 View Post
I'll post a review sometime soon but wanted to let you know that we are back and had a fabulous time at our wedding. Our guests were totally blown away. I can't tell you how pleased everyone was with both Playa del Carmen and the Royal. I've heard many people already talking about planning a return trip as soon as possible. I'm anxiously awaiting pics to share with all of you.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Welcome back! can't wait to see pictures and of course read the review

Quote:
Originally Posted by laura_jason View Post
I am getting married at the Royal on Nov. 7th and have a few questions. I haven't been assigned a wedding coordinator yet so i am sure she can answer these for me but i thought someone on here would know already...

1. What are the resort photographers like? Do you have to use them?

2. What about other outside vendors like bands/cakes etc.? I really want the marachi band to play at the cocktail reception in the garden...

3. What restaurant do you suggest for the semi-private dinner reception?
Hi Laura welcome,

1. The resort photographers are not my personal taste but here is a link to their work ::: Funever Photos ::: You do not have to use them but if you bring an outside photographer than you have to pay the outside vendor fee which is $350 if you booked after December

2. You can have any outside vendors that you would like but you have to pay the outside vendor fee for each one. They offer the mariachi band for the cocktail hour for $700 through the resort.

3. When I went on our site visit we really like Maria Maria's however after seeing Duprke's pictures Pelicano's looks like an awesome spot for a reception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×