Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by astreit View Post
Okay, I'm drawing a blank now on who mentioned it, but I think maybe jesmcan...how much extra were they going to charge to add jumbo shrimp on top of the beef filet for the dinner? Aja just told me it would be $15 per resort guest and $30 non resort guest. I'm talking about like 2 or 3 shrimp each...not a whole plate!!! I just think that is outrageous!
sorry, i don't have the answer to your question, but i DO agree with you that some of the things they charge us for are silly, and the amounts are often just ridiculous! seems like they try really hard to keep us all within their pre-fixe options.

Quote:
Okay, I'm drawing a blank now on who mentioned it, but I think maybe jesmcan...how much extra were they going to charge to add jumbo shrimp on top of the beef filet for the dinner? Aja just told me it would be $15 per resort guest and $30 non resort guest. I'm talking about like 2 or 3 shrimp each...not a whole plate!!! I just think that is outrageous!
I think jesmcan was originally going to do the Ult Luxury Package, so it's possible they may have let her substitute since it was already on one of the filet options. (just my guess)

but yeah, that price is ridic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa DSO View Post
I think jesmcan was originally going to do the Ult Luxury Package, so it's possible they may have let her substitute since it was already on one of the filet options. (just my guess)

but yeah, that price is ridic
Yes originally when I was doing our recption with the Ultimate package they told us that we could just add a few jumbo shirimp to the plate with out an extra charge. That price they gave you is ridicoulis!! I would call them and say you just want to add a few shrimp not a platter.

Thank you! I am being passed off to the Mexico coordinators now...so hopefully they will give me a different answer. I told Aja I only wanted 2 shrimp on each plate, she said that was still $15. I think they have lost their mind. I'm hoping it is mis-communication between Michigan and Mexico...I guess time will tell! :)

She also told me it was $20 per person to upgrade to warm appetizers instead of the cold ones. I pushed back on that 3 times telling her how ridiculous that was and she finally said she was looking at the wrong line and it was really only $5 per person to upgrade. I still think $5 is more than it should be....but at least it's reasonable!

Quote:
Thank you! I am being passed off to the Mexico coordinators now...so hopefully they will give me a different answer. I told Aja I only wanted 2 shrimp on each plate, she said that was still $15. I think they have lost their mind. I'm hoping it is mis-communication between Michigan and Mexico...I guess time will tell! :)

She also told me it was $20 per person to upgrade to warm appetizers instead of the cold ones. I pushed back on that 3 times telling her how ridiculous that was and she finally said she was looking at the wrong line and it was really only $5 per person to upgrade. I still think $5 is more than it should be....but at least it's reasonable!
Yeah, thats what Julie said about upgrading to hot appetizers...i wonder if it's same for non resort guestshuh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
Yeah, thats what Julie said about upgrading to hot appetizers...i wonder if it's same for non resort guestshuh.gif
Angie told me it was 10/pp for non real guests

Does anyone know how far it is from the Royal to La Cueva del Chango? I can see on the map that it only looks like a couple blocks away, but how big are the blocks!? :) My grandparents are coming and I was just curious if it truly is within walking distance, or if we will need to get taxis or a shuttle or something. Does anyone know if the resort has a shuttle? We are hoping to do a dinner at La Cueva del Chango the night before the wedding by we don't want to do it unless we can make sure everyone has transportation if it is too far to walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbum1285 View Post
Just curious how many of y'all are upgrading to the hot appetizers? I was thinking of it but not sure if that's an extra cost I want to add on.
Fi wants to because he likes those more