Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steph_n_taz

ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie79 View Post
Hi Ladies! I went a few weeks ago for my site visit and tasting. Here is what we tasted and chose...I'm doing the Classic Package with the Private Dinner added on. The "classic" private dinner includes 3 courses. We also tasted soups, which are on the "luxury" private dinner menu. But I thought 4 courses would be a little much so we are sticking with the Classic.
Thank you so much for your review!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
ok, i want to make my ceremony programs but i don't know how their ceremony go...i emailed Julie and asked her if its prelude, processional, exchange of vows, certificate signing & declaration of husband/wife. she said that was it. i am not sure if she actually asked the people at the royal.

does anyone know how the legal ceremony go?
i'm wanting to know this too, i have already started making mine...but i want to find out for sure before i finalize them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

jesmcan,

 

i was wondering if you tried the cheesecake with chocolate when you did your site visit? i feel so out of the loop since i don't get to do a site visit sad.gif so i am just relying on you girls opinions!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~ View Post
I emailed Zulma to ask my questions, but if anyone else knows about what you get with semi-private or specifics on minimum numbers let me know... in the mean time I will patiently wait for her to reply...

in the meantime, onto suits and shoes!
Hey Stephanie,

I am not an expert on this by any means, but from what I understand, if you are paying for a package, there isnt a minimum- The min is only for ala carte weddings.- I just read a review awhile back- jaxbride or something like that and she said she had the luxury package and 18 guests. Hope it works out!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
ok, i want to make my ceremony programs but i don't know how their ceremony go...i emailed Julie and asked her if its prelude, processional, exchange of vows, certificate signing & declaration of husband/wife. she said that was it. i am not sure if she actually asked the people at the royal.

does anyone know how the legal ceremony go?
I asked Kimberly about this when she was still with the company and she said you can basically have whatever you want. You can add readings, sand ceremony, person singing, whatever you had decided you wanted in your wedding......

Does anyone know anything about having an actual rehearsal? I know they said they dont do that in Mexico, but we have several people in our bridal party as well as a couple of specialized things, and I think it would be better to "practice." :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mckee View Post
I asked Kimberly about this when she was still with the company and she said you can basically have whatever you want. You can add readings, sand ceremony, person singing, whatever you had decided you wanted in your wedding......

Does anyone know anything about having an actual rehearsal? I know they said they dont do that in Mexico, but we have several people in our bridal party as well as a couple of specialized things, and I think it would be better to "practice." :)
Oh we can personalize our ceremony? Cool! I would like to add a reading but i dont know what kind of reading to add.

I am with you about rehearsal...i have 5 bridesmaids and 2 MOHs so our wedding party is big. I guess we will wing it? smile41.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Di View Post
Oh we can personalize our ceremony? Cool! I would like to add a reading but i dont know what kind of reading to add.

I am with you about rehearsal...i have 5 bridesmaids and 2 MOHs so our wedding party is big. I guess we will wing it? smile41.gif
I have a friend who had a beach wedding a few years ago and she had one of her cousins (or whoever you want to honor) do a reading. I've only heard religious or biblical readings before, which are fine if thats what you want, but this one was different. It was a poem- can't remember the content exactly, but it was about waves and sand and love. It was actually pretty cool without being too cheesy. He had a very soothing voice as well! Lasted about a minute or 2 and there was only the sound of waves behind, which was VERY cool. Or something like Shel Silverstein (Where the sidewalk ends author) or a great childrens poem/ book that you and your fiance loved as kids (i.e. I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always) could be pretty great as well.

As far as the rehearsal, if they wont set up an actual place and time, I think we will just have everyone gather at a set time and do the rehearsal ourselves??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

when i was there for my site visit last august, michelle told me that you can have a rehersal. my ceremony is at the gazebo so i was planing on coordinating with michelle about what time the wedding party can all gather. I don't think we can just wing it, they must do a rehearsal for us brides, even if its like 5 min long..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mckee View Post
What is everyone else doing/planning in their ceremony? Anything different? Would love to hear.
i second this - i would LOVE to hear what people are doing! we're doing a symbolic ceremony, so we're free to make it however we want it! still need to decide who's going to "officiate." we'll have a small group there <10, so i think it would be great to somehow involve everyone in the ceremony a little bit!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×