OOT question

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Denise40

• 407 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:00 PM

This is all new to me. What is the purpose of these bags? Is it just a gift to your guests telling them thank you for coming?? Sorry if I sound stupid. I am just trying to figure out if I need to be doing something along those lines. There is just going to be a total of 6 of us for the renewal ceremony. They are my dh and myself, my 2 kids and their boyfriend/girlfriend. We are paying for everything for them(the whole trip). Any suggestions of some basic things I should take? They are all going to be in the ceremony also. Any help would be appreciated.

#2 PaulaV

• VIP Member
    • 2,813 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:10 PM

Hi Denise,

Maybe it's a little bit of 'thank you for coming' along with 'we were thinking of things to make your stay more comfortable'.

I went to a wedding in a different state where they gave us a gift bag with chips, chocolates, gum, water bottles, snack stuff that was nice to have and a thank you note. We ate it all.

With destination weddings, I have seen people include items that maybe people will need or maybe don't know they need until they get there, in addition to small gifts.

There is actually a 'sticky' in this sub-forum that includes OOT pictures which could be helpful to decide what you would like the to be.

#3 1elephant

• VIP Member
      • 15,998 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:22 PM

if you're paying for them, i don't think you really need oot bags...but that's just my opinion!

#4 Denise40

• 407 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:34 PM

Thanks for the info! Yes, we are paying everything, the airfare, hotel, food etc. Then again it's my kids and their SO. I may still get some things that would be helpful. I will look through the links. I will also get them each a little thank you gift for being a part of our ceremony.

#5 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:39 PM

Yeah they are pretty much to Welcome your guests and to tell them thanks for traveling to your wedding. Alot of times they will add a welcome letter, maps, list of activities. It can be easier than telling a bigger group of people absoutley everything there is to do and where it is.

#6 BarefootBride

• 1,266 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 08:03 AM

You shouldnt worry about doing them. Those are just welcome bags... to thank them for coming so far... I think your guest could afford to pack well. You might want to take along a first aid kit for everyone just in case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users