Sign in to follow this  
Tamster808

Any other cruise brides out there?

What are you all doing for your receptions? Is anyone having their reception onboard? Is it possible to have a private reception or cocktail hour onboard?

I'm doing the ceremony and dinner off the boat while in port but I was wondering if we would be able to come back to the ship to do the whole cocktails and dancing thing onboard?

Any input would be great!

Jaime

We are having a ceremony and cocktail party on the beach. Then dinner back on the ship since it's free (I'm being a cheapskate.) Then just going to hit the clubs on the ship for dancing. I know you can have a reception on the ship cause they all use "The Wedding Experience" for that. I looked on their site and it seems so much more expensive. We are having a bar setup, food and cake for much much less on the beach after the ceremony. If I had the budget I would have had a private reception though. Good luck.

Thanks girls!

Andrea... do you remember how much the cocktail/appetizer reception costs per person? Or was it part of your benefits of booking a group? My travel agent said I might be able to get a free cocktail hour for booking a group but I wouldn't necessarily be able to pick the day it would be on...

Jaime

Hi ladies, my hubby and I have just considered doing a cruise for our Vow Renewal and we're looking into the various cruiselines for affordible cruises for our guests.

I am also a cruise bride (sailing with Princess). We'll be doing the full ceremony, cake, champagne, and appetizers while in port and then we're making reservations in one of the private restaurants on the ship for our reception dinner. I expect we'll hit up one of the bars on the s hip to do some dancing afterwars.

I'm getting married in port through Carnival and their wedding packages include a reception. The one we chose is for ceremony and 1 hr open bar buffet reception for up to 20 people with the option of adding additional people.