Sign in to follow this  
Saram102

Cuba Wedding

the Iberostar Veradero is the "hot" spot right now for Cuban weddings. Check it out! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saram102 View Post
Thanks Julie! Did you have any complaints at PP? How big was your group? We are thinking we will have about 30 people. Is there stuff for people to do through the week?
I am so sorry that I never replied to this. I was out of commission for a while there with really bad morning sickness.

We had 52 people and not one person complained about a thing. There was more than enough stuff to do and we were all busy all the time. Good busy though :)

Tell me what you are looking for and I will tell you if they offer it there :) There is a PP group on facebook, if you want to check it out. Just a thought.

We've finally decided on Cuba too!! We've also decided to stay in Varadero as its the only spot that has any night life really. We've been taking salsa lessons the past year and would like to put them to use. smile29.gif

Do any of you ladies have a travel agent you could recommend for Cuba? There are questions I need answered about having a religious ceremony etx which a regular TA can't answer.

We got a really good rate from SellOffVacations.com. They guarantee to beat any rate so we shopped around and then went there. We also wanted a lower deposit which they were able to get us as we didn't want our guests having to come up with $300 to get the lowest rate within the 5 days and our guests get $100 off if they book by a certain date.

we just went to the travel show this weekend here in Toronto and a rep. was there from Paradisus Varadero. This resort looks amazing and the rep. was so very helpful. We're booking with them! YAY!

Well the rep. was from Sol Melia and we talked abut all their resorts. If you are looking for adults only I would definitely tell you to look at the Paradisus Del Mar in Varadero!!!

My FI and I were originally looking at Huatulco, MX but are now also seriously considering Cuba.

I've heard the food is less than awesome? Anyone have an opinion?

We're looking for AI, children allowed, pool bar, private reception, and a ceremony are where we can wear shoes (possibly by a pool).

Suggestions?

p.s. I'm thrilled that someone started this thread!

well Cuba is not known for their food. smile27.gif

But it depends on what kind of eater you are. I personally have been to Cuba 4 times and have never had a problem with the food. But I LOVE seafood, which is in almost every dish they serve in one form or another, so if you don't like seafood you may be limited.

Overall I would say that if you're not a picky eater back home then you'll be happy with the food in Cuba. It's definitely not gourmet, it doesn't compare to 5 star food in Europe, but its not bad food. The majority of people that I personally have seen unhappy with the Cuban food were also picky eaters back home.

I have been dealing with TA Linsday on here and she has been nothing short of amazing! Send her a message and she'll help you find the right resort. With her help and some research of our own FH and I have decided on Paradisus Varadero.

P.S go and look on tripadvisor too for reviews of resorts in Cuba.

bunny_4.gif