Sign in to follow this  
lovefreddy

USairways to charge 25.00 for second checked bag for FUTURE bookings

I almost had a heart attack today when I heard this, but it only applies to future bookings:

I just got an e-mail from US Air that effective yesterday, you now have to pay for your second checked bag. They are charging $25 for the second bag. Any travel booked on or after 2/26 with a flight date on or after May 5th, will be charged. I know a lot of you girls have guests invited to your weddings - just in case you wanted to let them know.

So, if you have booked travel already, you will be okay. Just an FYI!!

It was only a matter of time ... but since we are flying with US Air, thank goodness we already have our tickets and won't be affected.

There is only 1 person in our group who hasn't booked yet -- but he's a single guy so it's doubtful he'd have 2 checked bags. LOL.

Geez, we are going to have like 3-4 checked bags EACH unless we can disperse some of our goods to some other guests.

I am sure a bunch of other airlines are going to start doing this as well. We already bought out US Airways tickets thank god...we are going to have A LOT too!! One less thing to have to pay for!