Photo

RIU Wedding Photography

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#31 crawford2B

crawford2B
  • 244 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:27 AM

Thanks for the info. I was thinking once I saw the pictures I would have to convince my FI that we needed more than the 30 on the CD.

#32 jaychristensen

jaychristensen
    • 70 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 12:19 PM

I have heard back from Chandlyn regarding using an outside photographer...it doesn't really help much at all. I am really concerned now because I am using Robin DePaula who will be photographing Heidi's wedding the week before....so it may be obvious that she is not just a "guest". Yikes!

Hi Jocelyn & Cory

This will need to be clarified directly with Michael at the Photoshop to hear his views on this situation.

Regards

Chandlyn

Jocelyn Christensen wrote:
      Hello Chandlyn,

We have a friend staying with us while we are the RIU Ocho Rios for our wedding and she will be taking the pictures at the wedding. We are going with the free wedding package where there are no photographs included therefore we should not be obligated to use or pay your onsite photographer, Michael. Can you please confirm that we will have no issues with our friend being there and taking our wedding pictures? He has threatened to have people removed if a photographer is “spotted” and if our photographer is a paying guest I don’t think he should be saying that.

We also don’t feel it’s right for Michael to be charging a breech of contract fee if we have someone else photographing our wedding as we don’t have a contract with him. Maybe the hotel does, but we don’t.

I would greatly appreciate your attention to this matter as I’d like to get this sorted before we get down to Jamaica and especially before the wedding so we have no problems that day.

Please confirm the following:

1. our photographer friend will have no issues photographing our wedding or at any point during our trip

2. we will not have to pay any fees for not using Michael

If these two things are fine we will hire Michael to do the wedding video.

Thank you so much for looking into this! I really appreciate your help!

Jocelyn Christensen and Cory Thornton
      Jocelyn & Cory
      RIU Ocho Rios

#33 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
      • 1,260 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:28 PM

[QUOTE=jaychristensen;285418]I have heard back from Chandlyn regarding using an outside photographer...it doesn't really help much at all. I am really concerned now because I am using Robin DePaula who will be photographing Heidi's wedding the week before....so it may be obvious that she is not just a "guest". Yikes!

Hi Jocelyn & Cory

This will need to be clarified directly with Michael at the Photoshop to hear his views on this situation.

Regards

Chandlyn

What kind of crappy response is that
        See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#34 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
        • 716 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:18 PM

Sounds to me like she's saying, "Call me Bennet, I'm not in it" or "Call me Charles cuz that's between y'all"

#35 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
          • 1,260 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:37 PM

That is just such a cop-out answer. I hope she is just really busy and thats why her response was so short. I emailed the RIU wedding dept about this too so if I ever get a response I will post it.
            See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#36 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
            • 716 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:44 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by twelve_piece
              That is just such a cop-out answer. I hope she is just really busy and thats why her response was so short. I emailed the RIU wedding dept about this too so if I ever get a response I will post it.
              I couldn't agree more. I hope this all works out for you Riu ladies!

#37 JUSTUSTWO

JUSTUSTWO

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 12,193 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 04:53 PM

Well it seems that she doesn't want to be involved. I finally received a response from the email I sent two weeks ago regarding Michael & here was her response:

Hi Yolanda

I have forwarded your email to the Manager of the Photoshop, Michael, as he will be better able to clarify the situation.

Regards

Chandlyn

I then received an email from Valerie which states the following:

Dear Yolanda,

Thank you for contacting RIU Weddings Sales Department.

Riu Hotels and Resorts have a policy to not allow external providers such us wedding planners, photographers, florists, musicians or local ministers. The Photoshop located on property is exclusively in charge of all photo arrangements.

If you shall require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Warm Regards,

Valeria Mungu­a
                Weddings Sales Coordinator
                Ocho Rios & Negril, Jamaica
                Weddings By Riu
                America's Division
                Email: weddings05@riu.com
                www.weddingsbyriu.com

At this point, I figure we'll handle him when we arrive. It seems like those who bought their own photographer just told him that they didn't need his services & there was no problem. Hopefully we won't have one either. The only reason I think this may be an issue is due to the fact that we all are getting married within days of each other & we're all using our own photographer. I'm sure he won't be happy. But again, oh well.

#38 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
                • 802 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:06 PM

Oh gosh.........it's about to be some DRAMA!!!!!!! I am shocked by Valerie's response. In the past, they've not only allowed Photographers, but florist also! Now they are tightening up on their verbage. We will see how this plays itself out.

#39 Mich

Mich
                  • 96 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 09:27 PM

I can't take all this drama!!!!!
                    Don't these people realize that we are under enuf stress as it is and this kinda crap in not only unnecessary but insensitive.

I keep going back and forth as to what to do. I just don't want any hassle on my wedding day.

#40 AlmostMrsForbes

AlmostMrsForbes
                    • 238 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:18 PM

OMG. I'm about to have a heart attack since I've paid my photographer already.

I swear to God, if they do this, I will see about pulling all of my guests out of the hotel and go somewhere else ... I am not kidding. I even have an email from Michael stating that it is OK to have an outside photog as long as he gets his $200.

I can't handle this ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users