Jump to content

Photo

RIU Wedding Photography


  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 Mich

Mich
  • Newbie
  • 96 posts

    Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:12 PM

    Ok ladies, I realize that this topic has pretty much been exhausted, but I'm still nowhere closer to making a decision if I will, a) use Michael or B) an outside photographer.

    Pls tell me what you plan on doing (have done) and which photography company (web site/email address) if it's not Michael.

    Thanks for any help. I am on such a limited budget (as most of us are) but the pics are so important.

    #2 JUSTUSTWO

    JUSTUSTWO

      VIP Member

    • VIP Member
    • 12,193 posts

      Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:22 PM

      You're very right in that Riu Photography is a hot topic. There are many brides who have used Michael & given him rave reviews and, their pictures speak for themselves & are really beautiful.

      Have you looked at those pics that were posted to help make your decision?
      If you haven't here are some posts with pictures done by Michael:
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t15448
      http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t14640

      While I found Michaels work to be okay, I'm going with an outside photographer from the forum. As you said, its an important decision and you really have to do whats best for you.

      #3 rodent

      rodent

        VIP Member

      • VIP Member
      • 18,759 posts

        Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:22 PM

        I pick c. Keep complaining to Rui corporate & hope they change their stupid policy. Just like all brides shouldn't be forced to pick the same dress, they should have to pick the same photographer.

        #4 JUSTUSTWO

        JUSTUSTWO

          VIP Member

        • VIP Member
        • 12,193 posts

          Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:24 PM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Morgan
          I pick c. Keep complaining to Rui corporate & hope they change their stupid policy. Just like all brides shouldn't be forced to pick the same dress, they should have to pick the same photographer.
          I also agree with Morgan. I've sent 2 emails in the past 2 days to the head of Wedding Sales. I do not understand why I'd be responsible for paying any breach of contract fees when I don't have a contract with Michael.
          I am determined not to pay that fee! As a matter of fact, had I thought about it before, I would have suggested a letter from all of us upcoming ROR brides who are not happy with the policy demanding that we not be held responsible.

          #5 rodent

          rodent

            VIP Member

          • VIP Member
          • 18,759 posts

            Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:27 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO
            I also agree with Morgan. I've sent 2 emails in the past 2 days to the head of Wedding Sales. I do not understand why I'd be responsible for paying any breach of contract fees when I don't have a contract with Michael.
            I am determined not to pay that fee!

            I don't think it's that you have a contract with him. He has a contract with the hotel to be their only photographer. It's the hotel that made the dumb policy. All the Ruis have the same policy. I think brides need to complain & complain until they remove that policy.

            #6 JUSTUSTWO

            JUSTUSTWO

              VIP Member

            • VIP Member
            • 12,193 posts

              Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:31 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Morgan
              I don't think it's that you have a contract with him. He has a contract with the hotel to be their only photographer. It's the hotel that made the dumb policy. All the Ruis have the same policy. I think brides need to complain & complain until they remove that policy.
              You're kidding? I didn't know that all Riu's had the same policy! That really, really sucks!

              #7 rodent

              rodent

                VIP Member

              • VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

                Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:42 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by JUSTUSTWO
                You're kidding? I didn't know that all Riu's had the same policy! That really, really sucks!
                I think so. I could be wrong. If I am, I'm sure someone knows the truth.

                #8 Mich

                Mich
                • Newbie
                • 96 posts

                  Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:45 PM

                  Every pic I've seen of past brides they have all look truly amazing. But, we all have our personal vision, and when I pay for a service, I expect that I will have that vision fulfilled.

                  I agree that we all should write a letter to the HO expressing our extreme frustration and disappointment in this policy. This may not help the '08 brides but may make a difference to the '09 brides and beyond.

                  **JUSTUSTWO** May I ask which photographer you are using?

                  #9 DLyteful

                  DLyteful
                  • Member
                  • 879 posts

                    Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:49 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Mich
                    Every pic I've seen of past brides they have all look truly amazing. But, we all have our personal vision, and when I pay for a service, I expect that I will have that vision fulfilled.

                    I agree that we all should write a letter to the HO expressing our extreme frustration and disappointment in this policy. This may not help the '08 brides but may make a difference to the '09 brides and beyond.

                    **JUSTUSTWO** May I ask which photographer you are using?
                    I think this is a great idea and I would be willing to do it.

                    I'm not using Michael and I'm not paying a fee (I've decided), so we will see how things go. My favorit cousin is a photographer,and she is amazing. She is going to be taking my pictures.

                    #10 Heidi

                    Heidi
                    • Sr. Member
                    • 2,642 posts

                      Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:52 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by DLyteful
                      I think this is a great idea and I would be willing to do it.

                      I'm not using Michael and I'm not paying a fee (I've decided), so we will see how things go. My favorit cousin is a photographer,and she is amazing. She is going to be taking my pictures.
                      I agree; great idea and I'm in! :)

                      I'm bringing in a photographer. Michael's style just isn't what I was going for. But I COMPLETELY think his more recent work is MUCH better than what he had emailed me as samples over a year ago.
                      Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users