• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

#91 coming together

coming together
  • 162 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:52 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hughesa
    I am walking down the aisle to A Day Without Rain by Enya.
    I looooooove Enya, Great pick!! I have to figure out how to get her into my wedding.

#92 nenamono

nenamono
    • 282 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:21 PM

LOL I just spent the better half of my night listening to all your songs b/c even though I might know them I am what I like to call "musically challenged."

The two songs (both in instrumental) I had up in the air were BitterSweet Symphany by the Verve and Clocks by Coldplay. In the end Coldplay won. Maybe I can use BitterSweet somewhere else. Now only if I settle on what other songs to use.

#93 *JillD*

*JillD*
      • 5,112 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:24 PM

ooh, I love clocks too!! My only problem with bittersweet symphony is that the instrumental version is not very long, I'm worried it might not be long enough for me to get down the aisle, but I love it!! Clocks has a similar sound to it, maybe I'll check that out too.

#94 chicago88

chicago88
        • 699 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 12:40 PM

I think I'm going to have the bridal party and flower girls walk down to the tropical version of Somewhere over the Rainbow. For me & my Dad to walk down, I really like Answer by Sarah McLaughlin. I have no idea what we are going to walk out to though?

Therese & Jay
          Riu Ocho Rios, Jamaica2.15.08
          http://tickers.Ticke....1f03/event.png

#95 starfish kate

starfish kate
          • 455 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 01:06 PM

This is what my sister did last week:

bridal party: tropical Somewhere Over the Rainbow- I'm not going to try to spell his name
            bride: Pretty Woman, Roy Orbison- everyone loved it
            recessional: My First, My Last, My Everything, Barry White
            introductions: 90210 theme song
            Kate

#96 boscobel

boscobel
            • VIP Member
            • 24,213 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 01:39 PM

I have no idea about any of this. Probably Ava Maria. Matt's fam is from Italy and it's a beautiful song.

The only other thing that comes to mind is ALicia Keys new song "No One". I lvoe it, but Matt and I have very different taste in music. I am all R&B and hip hop. He doesn't want Alicia Keys. I am not too concerned about the music though.

#97 Tavie1978

Tavie1978
              • 8 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:35 PM

beautiful pic southfield.

#98 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
                • 812 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:59 PM

I like "come away with me" by Nora Jones and an instrumental version of "bittersweet symphony" - one for the bridal party and one for me (although I am not sure exactly which one goes with which, but def leaning towards me walking to Nora). The only thing is, I am not sure if I want actual words while I am walking down the aisle and I don't know if "come away with me" will be the same without the words... am I being silly?

#99 raisinblur

raisinblur
                  • 94 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:46 PM

We're going to use "Somewhere over the Rainbow" for the bridal party, and then I'm going to walk down to Alison Krauss' cover of "I Will" by the Beatles. It also has a beachy, guitar feel to it, and I love it! Still haven't decided on a recessional yet.

On average, how long should the songs be for the bridal party (2 bridesmaids/groomsmen) and the bride processional? I don't want to finish walking and then stand and wait another 2 minutes for the song to finish!

#100 dragonfly

dragonfly
                    • 1,820 posts

Posted 27 October 2007 - 08:55 PM

I have no idea what I walked to, we hire the mariatchi trio and I trusted them to play something beautiful, they did. They walked behind me as I walked, it was really nice, everyone loved this part of the wedding.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users