Photo

The best workout DVDs I have ever owned- P90X

• Please log in to reply
430 replies to this topic

#421 fsuambs

fsuambs
  • 154 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 12:13 AM

I'm motivated and have decided that I'm going to start tomorrow. I look forward to sharing my journey with all you ladies in the next 90 days.
    My "incentive" for doing the program everyday with be the opportunity to drink pop aka as soda, coke, etc the following day. I'm a behavior analysis so I'm always setting up contingencies to reinforce my behavior : ) It def. works. Eventually I want to quit drinking pop everyday but at least this will get me started.
    Happy Planning, Amber

#422 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
    • 762 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

Watch out ladies-- after I got back from my wedding I have gotten seriously lazy (and I ripped a muscle in my left shoulder) so I haven't worked out and it starts to come back REALLY fast! UGH. Keep up the work and when I get my all good from my doctor with my shoulder I will be joining you again!

#423 Angelina

Angelina
      • 57 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:50 PM

Soooo.... I tried P90X, did it for 2 weeks and totally fell off the wagon. Any recommendations? Has anyone tried Power 90?

#424 Miss Lighting Bug

Miss Lighting Bug
        • 162 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 12:35 PM

I have a copy of the p90x for sale if anyone is interested just send me a PM with your best offer.
          KB

#425 MissPozzi

MissPozzi
          • 4 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 02:35 PM

If you love P90x, you should try INSANITY!!! Its made by the same company, Beach body!!! I love it and am seeing results in a matter of 2 weeks!

#426 knitgirl13

knitgirl13
            • 276 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:47 PM

I did a few weeks of Insanity and was actually gaining weight... how discouraging It was a killer workout though, I kept on my HRM and it really scorched the calories. I'm going to try switching to P90x now since my FI has the dvds already and isn't using them.

#427 KittenHeart

KittenHeart
              • 3,103 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 01:21 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by FutureMsMoulton
                Watch out ladies-- after I got back from my wedding I have gotten seriously lazy (and I ripped a muscle in my left shoulder) so I haven't worked out and it starts to come back REALLY fast! UGH. Keep up the work and when I get my all good from my doctor with my shoulder I will be joining you again!
                I'm in the same boat, almost, I came back from 2 weeks in Mexico with about 10lbs and ZERO motivation to do anything but have fun, snuggle with DH with a pizza, beer and a movie. Arg!

I just ordered something totally new from the Beachbody site that should be fun and I'll incorporate P90X and running with it. So I'm still gonna crash this thread with you girls :)

Also, congrats, you're pregnant, how exciting!!!!

#428 abruno1226

abruno1226
                • 30 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:10 PM

After being an avid gym member for my entire life I decided that I wasn't getting the results that I wanted and need a change in my workout.  I So I purchased P90X to get me started after seeing a friend's boyfriend who did it with amazing results.  Now, I am on my 3rd round!  I absolutely love it.  I must admit I do have pretty strong will power.  My fiance started it with me and quit after 6 weeks.  I am going to buy the P90 Plus workouts, and maybe even Insanity that someone mentioned (Thanks!).  It feels like I have a personal trainer at home, and can workout whenever is convenient for me.  I have lost 20 lbs. and I don't know how many inches.  I love that my body is actually toned now.  The compliments that I have received are part of what continues to keep me motivated.  Good luck to anyone out there starting the program.  If you stick with it, you WILL see results.

#429 kya101

kya101
                  • 645 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 06:32 PM

Do you follow the diet with P90X also??? I have a friend who got it and I looked into it and the diet looks insane. I really want to try it, but am still a little intimadated. I do workout 6 days a week for a hour each time, but still don't know if I'm ready for it. Guess I should probably just get over it and do it.

Originally Posted by abruno1226 

After being an avid gym member for my entire life I decided that I wasn't getting the results that I wanted and need a change in my workout.  I So I purchased P90X to get me started after seeing a friend's boyfriend who did it with amazing results.  Now, I am on my 3rd round!  I absolutely love it.  I must admit I do have pretty strong will power.  My fiance started it with me and quit after 6 weeks.  I am going to buy the P90 Plus workouts, and maybe even Insanity that someone mentioned (Thanks!).  It feels like I have a personal trainer at home, and can workout whenever is convenient for me.  I have lost 20 lbs. and I don't know how many inches.  I love that my body is actually toned now.  The compliments that I have received are part of what continues to keep me motivated.  Good luck to anyone out there starting the program.  If you stick with it, you WILL see results.

#430 abruno1226

abruno1226
                    • 30 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 10:35 AM

I did a modified version of the diet plan.  I read it for the information, and then tailored it to fit my lifestyle.  There is no way that I would have been able to follow that rigid of a diet plan.  Believe me I still like my wine, and to eat pizza once in a while.  However, the main part of the diet for me is portion control and cutting out most carbs. I was a pretty healthy eater prior to starting the program, now I think I have learned what works for my body.  Basically I eat variations of the same thing every week,  lots of salads, veggies, soup, lean protein, smoothies, Greek yogurt, nuts, and fruit.   On the weekends I splurge a little here and there.  I hope this helps.  Good luck to you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users