Photo

I've gotten a response from Michael, Riu's Photographer

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#11 Bride010101

Bride010101
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:26 PM

I haven't seen any contracts or anything.... but if you're booking teh Free Wedding Package there is no mention of a photographer. Therefore, we shouldn't have any contract with him... right?

#12 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 18,759 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:30 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by naga0066
      I haven't seen any contracts or anything.... but if you're booking teh Free Wedding Package there is no mention of a photographer. Therefore, we shouldn't have any contract with him... right?
      I think it's more that he has a contract with the hotel to photograph all their weddings. So if you hire someone else, he gets $150 for lost revenue.

Keep fighting this & maybe hotels with change how they do things.

Anyone have links to his website? I've like to see his work.

#13 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
      • 802 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:34 PM

Here is a link to a thread that has some of his work. Scroll down to Calia's post. I hope she doesn't mind me sharing:

http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t15687

#14 foxytv

foxytv
        • VIP Member
        • 7,740 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:49 PM

I think this needs to be spelled out to any potential bride before signing any contract AND that it HAS to be in the contract -- b/c if you don't know about it, they can not uphold you it.

Ridiculous.

#15 JamaicaBrideToBe

JamaicaBrideToBe
          • 89 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:59 PM

That's contradicting a previous posters information from Chandlyn where she said if your photographer is a guest of the hotel than you can have them photograph your wedding. I don't know where it is in here but I've read it.
            Does anyone have communication going with Chandlyn to confirm this?

#16 twinkletoes

twinkletoes
            • 2,302 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:47 PM

The photographer could always be a friend/guest that just happens to have a nice camera! Unless it is a photographer from the area, I'm pretty sure they know who they are. Otherwise, they can't tell your guests not to take pics. That is so unfair.

Hope you get this straightened out.
              2 Hearts, 1 Love 08.08.08Punta Cana, D.R.

#17 Heidi

Heidi
              • 2,642 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:47 PM

This is from MICHAEL, not the RIU. Until the Riu sends me something like this, I'm not worried. He can't bully us into using him!!!!
                Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#18 PrecisePlans

PrecisePlans
                • 802 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:25 PM

Heidi, are you paying him to use your own photographer? How are you getting around this issue?

#19 Heidi

Heidi
                  • 2,642 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:31 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by md_ocr
                    Heidi, are you paying him to use your own photographer? How are you getting around this issue?
                    Absolutely not! I have an email from Carolina, Wedding Sales Dept, saying explicitly that I am allowed to use a US photographer as long as the photographer stays the minimum stay at the resort. Michael can't tell me what the resort's policies are. He doesn't work for the Riu. I am confident in the fact that the resort has told me I am allowed to have an oustide photographer.

These were the terms:
                    1. If the photographer is local to Jamaica, you have to pay the breach in contact fee to Michael, and pay for a day pass
                    2. If the photographer is from out of the country - they need to stay at the resort for the minimum stay (3 nightS)
                    Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#20 DLyteful

DLyteful
                    • 879 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:32 AM

Heidi, can you give us Caroline's email address? I want to email her too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users