Sign in to follow this  
jujigirl

Paying for Attendants?

Yes, we did. We paid for 5 rooms for 8 attendents (I wish the other two were a couple the the other six! That would have been nice!). But, we only paid for three nights. We didn't want to put pressure on our friends to have to pay to stand up for us and we couldn't imagine getting married without them... so we paid. Of course all but one extended the vacation... but that's besides the point!

We have 6 bridesmaids and 11 groomsmen. So paying for the accomodations is out of the question. To help them out we paid for the girls dresses, shoes and jewelry. We paid for the groomsmens suits, belts and sandals. wwe also gave the girls (when we asked them to be in the wedding) a terry cloth bikini bag. And the guys got bears hats. We are also getting them gifts to hand out for the rehearsal dinner.

We have 8 on each side, so there was no way we could pay for them! I really don't think they would ever expect that we would anyway. I did go a bit overboard with their gifts because they are paying so much to come. FI bought all of the GM wedding attire as their gift. Also, I waited until I knew they were definitely able to come before asking them to be in the wedding and I tried to keep the cost of the dresses down as much as possible (and no matching shoes, jewelry, hair, etc.).