Cake Topper Decor Question...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 michelle08

michelle08
  • VIP Member
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:08 PM

Okay so I am having cupcakes: 2 tiers of cupcakes (chocolate w/ light pink frosting) and one 6" top cake that wil be light pink frosting with a dark brown ribbon around the base.

Question: If I wanted to use 2 gerber daisy tops for the cake topper, what color should I use...light pink or ivory?

Or should I just forget the flowers and buy a monogram topper w/ a few jewels?

#2 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
    • Moderators
    • 25,218 posts
    • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
    • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:10 PM

I like the idea of the daisies, in pink. Of course if you go the cake topper you could save it and use it over whenever you make a cake at home, we make a lot with the kids, so that's what we'll probably do.

#3 michelle08

michelle08
    • VIP Member
    • 2,702 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:25 PM

So you don't think the pink daisies would clash with the pink frosted cake??

#4 ACDCDCAC

ACDCDCAC
      • Moderators
      • 25,218 posts
      • Wedding Location:Santa Maria Bay Beach, Cabo San Lucas, BCS, Mexico
      • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:32 PM

Not if they were the same color, I just like the idea of lots of color. But if ivory is in your theme, then that would work too. I like the pink tho :)

#5 tlomlad

tlomlad
      • Banned
      • 1,949 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:33 PM

i think that the daisies in ivory would be classic and beautiful... good luck making a descion

#6 Celina

Celina
        • Banned
        • 2,811 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:35 PM

I would say it's totally up to you. I personally wouldn't go with pink on pink - BUT I do think the monogram would jazz it up a little and make it seem more like a wedding cake. I think I've seen some silver wire daisies somewhere that you use as cake toppers too if you wanted the daisies.

Hope this helps!
          "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#7 Alyssa

Alyssa
          • 11,793 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:37 PM

i vote for the H - i like this idea and really, when else are you guys going to slap your inital on the top of a cake? LOL

#8 Celina

Celina
            • Banned
            • 2,811 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:37 PM

OH - I know...what about doing it all?

Put the monogram with some daisies around the base of the monogram! That would be pretty!
              "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#9 jen419

jen419
              • 29 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:49 PM

I think I like the ivory on top better so that it can show since it'll be lighter than the cake. But either one sounds great. Good luck.

#10 michelle08

michelle08
                • VIP Member
                • 2,702 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:54 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by SoontobeMrsE
                  OH - I know...what about doing it all?

Put the monogram with some daisies around the base of the monogram! That would be pretty!
                  Well originally I was going to do it all. I was going to make the top cake white w/ the brown ribbon and then have the h and 2 light pin gerbera daisies...

but then Deena suggested that since the rest of the theme was pink and brown then maybe the top cake should be light pink instead of white and since I am a visual person and can't see it in my mind then I thought that the light pink flowers I was originally going to use would clash with the pink frosting....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users