Bridesmaids dresses

• Please log in to reply
1310 replies to this topic

#71 jpkw

jpkw
  • VIP Member
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:36 PM

glenda - you could definitely use a BM dress as a wedding dress!!!! i love the ones you posted! and the price would be so much cheaper than a wedding dress. i had planned to get a very simple siloutte dress as my wedding dress, but the one i actually picked out has a longer train. a lot of people say that when you start looking you end up getting a dress very different than you originally thought. you have time so don't stress too much! i didn't get mine until late december - now it's hard to wait until it's ready (april!)

#72 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 08:19 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
      You mean a dress like this Ann?

Alvina Valenta

Ann I always loved this BM dress:

Alvina Valenta

It is too dressy for a BM dress in Mexico but I always loved it. A lot of people tell me to just get it for myself. LOL.

-Glenda
      seriously - why not?! either of those would be great wedding dresses!

#73 Rachelle E.

Rachelle E.
      • VIP Member
      • 4,116 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 09:38 PM

Those are both beautiful dresses Glenda! Of course I pretty much like ANYthing by Alvina Valenta! I just love their designs. . .

All these dresses are serisouly making me wish I had a reason to get another one...well kinda...I mean I'll keep the man I just want an excuse to spend stupid amounts of money on gorgeous dresses! Well, I mean that I would like to do that if someone else would foot the bill too!

#74 *JillD*

*JillD*
        • 5,112 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:01 PM

I forgot to tell you ladies that I picked up a BM dress this weekend for our daughter. She is my MOH and my only BM, so it was easy. We were at marshalls this weekend and they had these dresses that I swear look like miniature bm dresses, the only problem was they didn't have the color I really wanted, so I got her a light pink. I wanted to go with a bright pink, but I figured I still can give her bright pink flowers and use the bright pink in the rest of the ceremony & reception.

I promise I'll post a pic later, I'm at work right now (hahaha) but I'll take one when I get home.

One question, it doesn't really matter, but do you guys think I would be able to dye the dress? The color will work fine the way it is, but I figured if I could dye it then I would, but maybe I don't want to chance it!

oh and BTW it was $29.99, I was so happy!

#75 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
          • 5,248 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:06 PM

Dying a dress is very risque I wouldn't recommend it. I have years of experience from dance school with spray painting shoes and dying dresses but it's actually complicated and sometimes it doesn't look the way you want. I would leave the dress as is and then do the bright pink flowers. It will look adorable. Plus light pink is such a sweet color for a little girl. I think it will look beautiful.

#76 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
            • 1,430 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:12 PM

We found bridesmaid dresses this weekend as well. They are really cute on in person! We are going to get them in cashmere color. Watters & Watters | Bridesmaid Gown Collection | Style 9460 | Dupioni silk strapless knee-length dress with ruched bust wrap ties. Available in knee length, floor length or extra length. <P>Also available in Silk Shantung as style 9960.

I forgot to add that in the back we are getting a really cute broach(sp?) instead of tying a bow. My dress has a broach on the side so it will look really cute together.

#77 *JillD*

*JillD*
              • 5,112 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:13 PM

I know, the thought of dyeing it and something going wrong freaks me out, so I'm just going to leave it alone. They had other colors but I picked the light pink because I knew I could still use the bright pink/fuschia color that I've wanted to use, and it will still blend together nicely.

thanks for talking me out of that thought, FAST!

#78 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:14 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Natalie M
                  We found bridesmaid dresses this weekend as well. They are really cute on in person! We are going to get them in cashmere color. Watters & Watters | Bridesmaid Gown Collection | Style 9460 | Dupioni silk strapless knee-length dress with ruched bust wrap ties. Available in knee length, floor length or extra length. <P>Also available in Silk Shantung as style 9960.

I forgot to add that in the back we are getting a really cute broach(sp?) instead of tying a bow. My dress has a broach on the side so it will look really cute together.
                  Very cute Natalie, I really like them! Isn't it nice when you can cross something off the list!

#79 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
                  • 5,248 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:16 PM

Jill- No Prob. I would hate for you to ruin a dress that you got such a good deal on. Not that you would necessarily ruin it, but you know what I mean.

Natalie-Those dresses are so nice. And I love the brooch idea. Are you doing red? I love red it is so pretty.

#80 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
                    • 1,430 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:19 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jilly76
                      Very cute Natalie, I really like them! Isn't it nice when you can cross something off the list!
                      Thanks yes so nice to get things crossed off!

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
                      Jill- No Prob. I would hate for you to ruin a dress that you got such a good deal on. Not that you would necessarily ruin it, but you know what I mean.

Natalie-Those dresses are so nice. And I love the brooch idea. Are you doing red? I love red it is so pretty.
                      We are doing cashmere color, it was the closest to champagne. I love the red too but it seemed more wintery to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users