#41 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
  • VIP Member
  • 18,452 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:30 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Jea10
    Hi Ladies,
    How is everyone's plans going with the WC at Dreams? I am very stressed with the response time from them.

I am planning on visiting the resort in exactly 30 days. I wanted to visit the resort before I make my final decision in booking my wedding with them. From the way things are going it looks like I am not going to! I sent several emails asking to set up an appointment or time when we can meet during my stay next month. I have yet to receive a response. I know I have time but all the past experiences I have had with them is not positive. It is very difficult to receive a response. I am almost to the point of changing the resort for my wedding.

Does anyone have any suggestions of another resort?

I'm getting married at the Paradisus Palma Real. All the paradisus only do one wedding per day and the response time for my emails has been 1 to 3 days, never more than that. I was originally booked with dreams but got really nervous when the WC wasnt getting back to me. Maybe once you meet with them, they'll be better. I heard they sometimes get 300 emails a day and do multiple weddings a day, so they must be extremely busy.
    ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
    Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
    Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#42 happygilmore

happygilmore
    • 576 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:07 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Jea10
      Hi Ladies,
      How is everyone's plans going with the WC at Dreams? I am very stressed with the response time from them.

I am planning on visiting the resort in exactly 30 days. I wanted to visit the resort before I make my final decision in booking my wedding with them. From the way things are going it looks like I am not going to! I sent several emails asking to set up an appointment or time when we can meet during my stay next month. I have yet to receive a response. I know I have time but all the past experiences I have had with them is not positive. It is very difficult to receive a response. I am almost to the point of changing the resort for my wedding.

Does anyone have any suggestions of another resort?
      Jea10, I would recommend going onto the Dreams website and joining there forum. there is a woman, baltobabe who seems to get things done for people! So if you really want to check out dreams I would go there and have her help you out!

Also, I know it is nerve wrecking with the response time or in your case no response but everything I have read on here or on the dreams forum is that it all turns out perfect!

#43 Jea10

Jea10
      • 21 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:35 AM

Thanks everyone! I have some decisions to make.

#44 Jea10

Jea10
        • 21 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 08:38 AM

Thanks, Teryane. Can you send me the information. My email is figueje@aol.com

#45 rdhbride

rdhbride
          • 313 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:37 PM

i am also thinking of dreams, my ta has done a few weddings there and her cousin is getting married there also. she has said great things about the resort. i'm going to visit in jan will post my opinion.

#46 MsSunshine

MsSunshine
            • 415 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 11:38 PM

Hi, Does anyone have any reviews or pics of their brand new resort Dreams Palm Beach? My TA recommened this resort and is scheduled to open Dec 2008. I was wondering if there are other spots to have the wedding instead of the gazebo. Thanks

#47 chika

chika
              • 147 posts

Posted 16 October 2008 - 02:36 PM

I believe Dreams can only have 2 weddings per day as a rule.

I can't wait to get married there! It is only one week and one month away for me. I will definitely post pics when I get back. As well as a lengthy review.

:)

#48 mrslbs

mrslbs
                • 26 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:30 PM

Quick Question - Has anyone thrown a welcome dinner the first night they arrived? We fly in around 1230 on a Sunday afternoon, and I was thinking it would be nice for all of us (approx 35 ppl) to have dinner together the first night as a meet n greet...I have asked the Dreams WC to make reservations for us, and she said we would take care of all that when we arrive..I am just nervous they won't be able to accomodate all us for on such short notice..any thoughts or advice would be appreciated!

#49 chika

chika
                  • 147 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 08:56 AM

I wouldn't worry about there not being enough room. At worst you could hold your welcome dinner in the main buffet. Chances are you will be able to find one of the restaurants that can accommodate you at some point in the evening.

We are doing a welcome brunch the morning following our arrival (we arrive late at night) and I won't be making any reservations. I will be telling our guests to meet us in the buffet and people can come and go as they like. We have about the same number of guests as yourself.

Have fun!

#50 Varia

Varia
                    • 119 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 11:26 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by chika
                      I believe Dreams can only have 2 weddings per day as a rule.

I can't wait to get married there! It is only one week and one month away for me. I will definitely post pics when I get back. As well as a lengthy review.

:)
                      Hi Shelley,

I am at the Dreams Resort right now.
                      I shot a wedding here yesterday and resort had 2 other weddings happening at the same day.

It is a beautiful resort and it has a lots of great spots for photography!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users