LadyCheese

Dreams Punta Cana Brides

Hi Shelly 21,

It took about 45 seconds of my song for me to walk from the beginning of the aisle to the gazebo. I'm not sure if I was walking fast or not, but I was trying not to. So give or take 45 seconds for me.

Originally Posted by Shelly21 View Post

Hey ladies, especially those who have been married already.

Do you know how long it takes to walk from wherever you are starting to the gazebo? I'm trying to get an idea of how much song time I have.

Thanks!

Hi Ladies!

I'm so thrilled to have found this forum! It has a wealth of information. I'm hoping you brilliant brides shed some light on this topic.

We've set the date to get married on Feb 4th 2012 at Dreams Punta Cana All Inclusive Resort. I've been emailing my WC Carolina for group rates that may be offered but I have not heard back from her with anything regarding discounted group rates.

Should I be contacting someone else at the resort or do I need to get a TA?  Recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Ladies in advance!

Hi Sylvia,

I used Charlotte Poiron (TA/wedding planner) at Honeymoons and Get Aways. I thought she was very helpful in helping us book the resort and organize travel/accommodations for our guests. Her number is: 215-480-6652. She works in PA, and we are from NY, but she was so helpful over the phone and email. Good luck!

Originally Posted by sylviav326 View Post

Hi Ladies!

I'm so thrilled to have found this forum! It has a wealth of information. I'm hoping you brilliant brides shed some light on this topic.

We've set the date to get married on Feb 4th 2012 at Dreams Punta Cana All Inclusive Resort. I've been emailing my WC Carolina for group rates that may be offered but I have not heard back from her with anything regarding discounted group rates.

Should I be contacting someone else at the resort or do I need to get a TA?  Recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Ladies in advance!

Sylvia,

Viki Couch is who we used for our travel arrangements.  She is very good and always gets us answers, when the hotel wouldn't respond :).  She is based out of Atlanta.

770-432-3247

Explorations Travel

Hey ladies so I have a question for past brides or anyone that would know.  I know there was a post a long time back about shops to shop at to get larimar.  But I was wondering if anyone new how it was on the resort.  We would primarily like to stay on the resort but I was intrigued by the outside shops.

""***I also forgot to mention there is a great little shopping market a few minutes down the road from the resort. They sell a bunch of larimar, coral, and amber jewelery plus vanilla, mamajuana, and other items. If you are walking out the front entrance of the resort, turn to your right and it is a short 10 minute walk and it will be the first bunch of buildings you see on your right. You'll see a white building first (I think it's the police station), usually one of the vendors walks out to the road to greet you so that you come to their booth first. Pretty much all the booths have the same things so it's easy to get a good deal because they don't want you to leave their booth to go to the next if you don't agree with their price.Just be sure if your buying larimar jewlery that you get them to burn it first so you know it's not fake. We asked them to do this at the market and they didn't have a problem with doing it. A friend of ours was sold fake larimar from the vendors on the resort."""

What does everyone think??

Hi Mel... what is Larimar? I see a lot of people talking about it.  

Originally Posted by mel72683 View Post

Hey ladies so I have a question for past brides or anyone that would know.  I know there was a post a long time back about shops to shop at to get larimar.  But I was wondering if anyone new how it was on the resort.  We would primarily like to stay on the resort but I was intrigued by the outside shops.

""***I also forgot to mention there is a great little shopping market a few minutes down the road from the resort. They sell a bunch of larimar, coral, and amber jewelery plus vanilla, mamajuana, and other items. If you are walking out the front entrance of the resort, turn to your right and it is a short 10 minute walk and it will be the first bunch of buildings you see on your right. You'll see a white building first (I think it's the police station), usually one of the vendors walks out to the road to greet you so that you come to their booth first. Pretty much all the booths have the same things so it's easy to get a good deal because they don't want you to leave their booth to go to the next if you don't agree with their price.Just be sure if your buying larimar jewlery that you get them to burn it first so you know it's not fake. We asked them to do this at the market and they didn't have a problem with doing it. A friend of ours was sold fake larimar from the vendors on the resort."""

What does everyone think??

Hey I woulndn't have known if it wasn't for this site :)

Originally Posted by letluva5412 View Post

Oh my it is pretty!! Thanks for clarifying it up for me.  I feel a lil foolish for asking =/