First Dance

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 march1508

• 117 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:25 PM

hi ladies..

those of us who are getting married and those of u who have gotten married at ror.. i am having my reception at in mameebay.. when do u have your 1st dance? is it in the restaurant or on the beach at the ceremony?

do u get intoduced when coming into the reception dinner? mabye the brides who has gotten married can help on this one?

i want to be introduced with music..has anyone done this?

#2 Heidi

• 2,642 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:28 PM

We haven't decided yet...but we are getting the steel drum band. So maybe we can do it then, with them? I think that'd be extra memorable having our first dance on the beach to a steel drum band!

We're having the Mammee Bay dinner too, since it's semi-private I don't think we'd be introduced. Are you renting the disco? Maybe that's where you could do those things.
      Married April 4, 2008 at the Riu Ocho Rios!

#3 march1508

• 117 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:46 PM

i was thinking the disco also, but then i figured it might be a lil awkward for us to be introduced after we eat.. im just trying to figure out how our entrance would go at mammeebay... i remember reading that some brides brought their ipod doc and played music during the reception dinner..im thinking about doing that..

but it would be nice to have your dance on the beach..i just cant picture how everything would flow into each other..ceremony, coctail hour, 1st dance, pics..

#4 Agape Gems

Agape Gems
        • 1,260 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 05:18 PM

I'm planning to do pics, then 1st dance in the beach gazebo, then garter/bouquet toss at the gazebo
          See our professional weddings photos http://bestdestinati...om/forum/t21339

#5 bobbi-francis

• 186 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:11 PM

You can always do a private reception at the plantation...the restaurant is entirely yours therefore you can do just about anything you want...Me and my fiance as well as the bridal party will be introduced by the MC with music...it's $500 for 2hours $1000 for 4 hours.

#6 PrecisePlans

• 802 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 06:44 PM

for those eating at the plantation, will there be a system set up for music? Anybody know?

#7 bobbi-francis

• 186 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 05:54 PM

it depends...i think if you book the dj then of course however, if you arent using the dj, you may have to provide your own sound system....or maybe they will allow you to rent it. I will ask Chandlyn and get back to you soon....

#8 Alesha4

• 86 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:59 PM

Is there a minimum number of guests required to have the reception at The Plantation? I am looking into the Ipod idea I have seen on here. We have our own speakers but I am sure one of our friends has the nice loud Bose speaker system for the ipod. Those work well and the cost would be FREE.

#9 bobbi-francis

• 186 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:29 PM

I believe it's usually if you are having more than 50 guests that they recommend the plantation.

#10 ochoriobride

• 489 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:23 AM

You can always do your reception (after dinner at Mammee Bay) at Seagrape and have your first dance on the beach.

Justin & NathalieApril 22nd 2008Riu Ocho Rios

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users