Sign in to follow this  
Ana

Help! We can't seem to narrow it down :(

Hey! My fiance Michael and I are looking to get married in the Mayan Riviera. We were looking at having the wedding at the El Dorado Royale, but our travel agent suggested we look elsewhere because of the sand bags and unusable beach. She directed us towards the Grand Riviera Princess and the Valentin Imperial Maya. Any suggestions?

We are getting married in May at the Princess, it looks fabulous! It is a brand new resort. The wedding package prices are decent too. I have heard that being a new resort, there are kinks; however, by Jan 2009 they should for sure all be sorted out!

I'm not really familiar with that area, sorry. If you can't find the info by searching here, have you tried TripAdvisor? People's reviews and candid photos of their trips help a lot.

My fiance and I are having the same problem!! We like Cozumel, but we also like Cancun and just can't narrow it down. We are taking our site visit soon and hopefully that will help. Have you been down there for a visit yet? Perhaps that would help. I have heard great things about Princess though. Good luck with your search!!!!

I think there is a different feel between an all ages and an adult only

EDR is adult only

Princess is all ages

I chose EDR

I have been very worried about the beach , but have been reassured by many that its swimable and there are some really nice spots!

my travel agent recommended El Dorado properties. She had a destination wedding in the riviera maya before she became a travel agent and got married at a different resort. She has been to almost all properties in the area now. She told me that if she knew then what she knows now, she would have picked an el dorado propertyf or her wedding. she just explained the differences between those hotels and we ended up choosing the seaside suites since it was smaller.

We are interested in the Mayan Riveria area as well and we are thinking about the Barcelo Palace, they have three or four resorts in the overall resort which means guests can have the option of going expensive or a bit cheaper. Hope this helps