Ana

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 8,047 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 1, 2009
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Cabo
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:16 PM

Hey! My fiance Michael and I are looking to get married in the Mayan Riviera. We were looking at having the wedding at the El Dorado Royale, but our travel agent suggested we look elsewhere because of the sand bags and unusable beach. She directed us towards the Grand Riviera Princess and the Valentin Imperial Maya. Any suggestions?

#2 klavallee

klavallee
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:21 PM

We are getting married in May at the Princess, it looks fabulous! It is a brand new resort. The wedding package prices are decent too. I have heard that being a new resort, there are kinks; however, by Jan 2009 they should for sure all be sorted out!

#3 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
    • 26,161 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 04:18 AM

I'm not really familiar with that area, sorry. If you can't find the info by searching here, have you tried TripAdvisor? People's reviews and candid photos of their trips help a lot.

#4 slw266

slw266
      • 13 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:27 PM

My fiance and I are having the same problem!! We like Cozumel, but we also like Cancun and just can't narrow it down. We are taking our site visit soon and hopefully that will help. Have you been down there for a visit yet? Perhaps that would help. I have heard great things about Princess though. Good luck with your search!!!!

#5 BandE2008

BandE2008
        • 228 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:48 PM

I think there is a different feel between an all ages and an adult only
          EDR is adult only
          Princess is all ages

I chose EDR

I have been very worried about the beach , but have been reassured by many that its swimable and there are some really nice spots!

#6 mexicobrideIndiana

mexicobrideIndiana
          • 25 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 07:09 PM

my travel agent recommended El Dorado properties. She had a destination wedding in the riviera maya before she became a travel agent and got married at a different resort. She has been to almost all properties in the area now. She told me that if she knew then what she knows now, she would have picked an el dorado propertyf or her wedding. she just explained the differences between those hotels and we ended up choosing the seaside suites since it was smaller.

#7 nylalany

nylalany
            • 625 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:17 AM

if you have a small group of adults only maybe look at the new el dorado maroma? or cieba del mar? (if you're fine with that price range)

#8 happygilmore

happygilmore
              • 576 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:56 PM

We are interested in the Mayan Riveria area as well and we are thinking about the Barcelo Palace, they have three or four resorts in the overall resort which means guests can have the option of going expensive or a bit cheaper. Hope this helps

#9 tlomlad

tlomlad
                • Banned
                • 1,949 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:14 PM

good luck there are so many options!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users