Photo

I think I may have found the DRESS

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
  • 5,248 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 07:05 PM

I'm sorry they didn't have the dress you want. That's terrible. Even though you should keep an open mind as to other dresses (b/c you may actually fall in love with one of them) you should still be able to get the dress you are absolutely in love with. Hopefully they will get the dress you have your eye on soon.

-Glenda: smile41:

#42 mexico15

mexico15
    • 250 posts

Posted 31 December 2006 - 07:41 PM

Oh I love Maggie Sottero's dresses. Check with local wedding stores to see if they have any trunk sales going on soon...they had a lot around my area when I was looking, and there are some great deals!! Good Luck!

#43 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 24,768 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:54 PM

I can relate! I drove out to Oakbrook Terrace just to find they didn't have what I wanted to try on - grrrrrr. Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

#44 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
        • 631 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:10 PM

Happy New Year!

ok after much calling i found a few places that are going to carry MS Destination Line. The Line is new and most stores have not received them yet. A few stores said they should have them in 2 weeks and will call me. I will be calling them first....

#45 CaboDate

CaboDate
          • 129 posts

Posted 02 January 2007 - 10:31 PM

I love Maggie Sottero's dresses.. I too am a Chicago destination bride! If you don't find what you're looking for at Eva's.. Volle's in Lake Zurich has her line too and they are fantastic to work with!
            Amy & Todd
            Cabo San Lucas
            October 20th, 2007

#46 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
            • 631 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:03 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by CaboDate
              I love Maggie Sottero's dresses.. I too am a Chicago destination bride! If you don't find what you're looking for at Eva's.. Volle's in Lake Zurich has her line too and they are fantastic to work with!
              Thanks Cabo I will look into it....

yall here is the dress i tried on in the store...it was ok on but not my maggie

Click the image to open in full size.

#47 TammyB

TammyB
              • 10,630 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 12:53 PM

It's pretty, I love the gathered skirt dresses. Is this the type of dress your looking for?

#48 destinationbride07

destinationbride07
                • 631 posts

Posted 03 January 2007 - 01:10 PM

yeah a-line pick-up skirt....

#49 gkashmira

gkashmira
                  • 1,962 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:34 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by A10CALGAL
                    Hahah Kash, you are so cute! I'm pretty sure someone gave you the same advice at some point
                    If only I had listened!!!!!!!

hee hee hee... geesh probably everyone I ever met who has bought a dress gave me that advice... clearly there's something wrong with me!
                    Kashmira & Dan
                    Happily married since June 16, 2007
                    http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                    Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                    Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

#50 gkashmira

gkashmira
                    • 1,962 posts

Posted 08 January 2007 - 12:46 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by destinationbride07
                      Hey Everyone...Update: I went dress shopping yesterday...and it was not a good day....the place i had the appt with DID NOT have the dresses i wanted after they told me they did...well the lady on the phone said they did...the lady i worked with was really helpful and she did have a similiar dress by davinci...looked good but I dont want that dress...she says she will call me when they do come in....so i went to 4 other places all over this dang on city and suburbs and tried on 1 other dress...YES 1 other....got home at 8pm..left at 10 am!

Today I am calling some places who also have large selection of other dresses..but I am calling first b.c. they are in the western burbs and i dont want to make a trip that will not be worth it...

I was frustrated yesterday but I am feeling better today...I am starting to get worried...I was so mad yesterday that I did not look at other dresses...probably wrong on my part.....today is a new day and I am going to take a diff approach to this.....
                      Sherri - that sucks! Don't feel sad or mad - it just turns out you picked a very "new" very gorgeous style! But I agree that it would be wise to try on other styles of dresses. But at the same time you can keep an eye out for dresses like this one. The other dress is also very pretty. I think a lot of girls had their heart set on one style but then found something that they liked ever more. For example I think rebecca didn't want a strapless (if I'm keeping my stories straight!) but in the end found a really amazing dress that was perfect for her - it happened to be strapless. I didn't know what I wanted but I did know I wanted to stay away from mermaids because i thought they would make me look heavy... turns out that was the exact stlye that suited me best! And in the end I bought a dress that was basically a mermaid (technically a "trumpet" but close enough!)!

The dress you love could very well be THE dress - definitely try it on! It already of course is winning points becauase it has made you fall in love I can't wait to see those pics of you in it!
                      Kashmira & Dan
                      Happily married since June 16, 2007
                      http://i95.photobuck....a/IMG_0769.jpg
                      Our mini-video: http://www.bajavideo...m/Kash_Dan.html
                      Photo slideshow: http://www.tomasbarron.com/recent.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users