Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
foxytv

Do You Eat Breakfast?

Recommended Posts

In Jr High, our home-ec teacher taught us a quick way to scramble and egg before school - put it in a coffe size stirofoam cup and a dash of milk and stir. Microwave for about 20-30 sec. Stir. Repeat until done. I sometimes add cheese to my daughters. And, if we aren't taking it to go, I make it in a "real bowl" rather than a disposable cup. Quick and easy.

I usually just grab a banana for me though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy shit Tami...I'm literally salivating. Do you know how good that sounds? You Southerners sure know how to eat, before I die I must find the waffle house and get some of that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I got my trainer, I have been trying so hard to eat the 6 meals they say...good thing I like to eat!! wink.gif

 

anyway, I have been eating kashi cereal the granola one w/ skim milk because the kashi has a lot of fiber and protein. I also switch and have egg beaters southwestern style on wheat toast.

 

I know you said you don't love milk, but maybe even if you eat the dry cereal?? I'm sure you would like the egg and toast because it's more "breakfasty" plus the egg beaters aren't the yolk, just the whites w/ colored dye and you can cook quick on the stove or in the micro....

 

I would llike to know what everyone is eating the rest of the day...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I eat triple berry cereal with skim milk or 1% cottage cheese with fruit for breakfast and I have been on weight watchers for awhile and I have lost a large amount of weight. Lunches I eat alot of soup I love soup and Pita Pizza's mmmm so yummy. Dinner mostly consists of whole wheat pasta with a meat sauce or chicken breast with veggies. I have lots more ideas if anyone is interested!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones4Me View Post
In Jr High, our home-ec teacher taught us a quick way to scramble and egg before school - put it in a coffe size stirofoam cup and a dash of milk and stir. Microwave for about 20-30 sec. Stir. Repeat until done. I sometimes add cheese to my daughters. And, if we aren't taking it to go, I make it in a "real bowl" rather than a disposable cup. Quick and easy.
I usually just grab a banana for me though!
Interesting -- but sounds pretty fast and easy. Don't you love those Home Ec tips?? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
Holy shit Tami...I'm literally salivating. Do you know how good that sounds? You Southerners sure know how to eat, before I die I must find the waffle house and get some of that!
OMG -- I KNOW! I'm from DC originally, and when I md to SC and found Waffle House, I thought I had died and gone to heaven. lol. Only thing I miss about back home is the Cream Chipped Beef. Down here it's Sausage Gravy. I like that too ... but LOVE me some Chipped Beef over toast w/ hashbrowns for breakfast!

But oh yeah, the crew on each shift at the WH near my house all know me by name! fryingpan.gif It's like I'm walking into Cheers. Scary, huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscilley View Post
I eat triple berry cereal with skim milk or 1% cottage cheese with fruit for breakfast and I have been on weight watchers for awhile and I have lost a large amount of weight. Lunches I eat alot of soup I love soup and Pita Pizza's mmmm so yummy. Dinner mostly consists of whole wheat pasta with a meat sauce or chicken breast with veggies. I have lots more ideas if anyone is interested!
I'm totally interested in more ideas. I've just started eating healthy with fi, it's so hard coming up with ideas for him to eat. He's so picky! please pm with any. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now that I am on weight watchers for breakfast, I have been having 2 pieces of toast and tea. The bread I buy has to be 3 grams of fiber. I buy the spray butter called smart balance. So, my breakfast only ends up being 2 points. I take my tea with splenda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxytv View Post
Interesting -- but sounds pretty fast and easy. Don't you love those Home Ec tips?? lol
And, they pretty much taste like ones on the stove too. Maybe a little fluffier. (is that a word?) I add a dash of garlic salt, some pepper - all the stuff I would normally do on the stove - when I make one for me. Sounds odd, but it is quick and easy. My FI even adds some chopped ham to his "double" one now - it's more like an omlet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×