Do You Eat Breakfast?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 foxytv

foxytv
  • VIP Member
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:49 AM

So my trainer has gotten on me about not eating breakfast.

Yes, I KNOW it's the most important meal of the day, blah, blah, blah ... but I am always either running late or just don't think about it.

If I do eat breakfast -- I like scrambled eggs w/ cheese and a double order of hashbrowns -- scattered, smothered and covered from Waffle House. I know -- but I LOVE Waffle House!

Anyway ... moving on ... I am trying to be good and eat a healthy breakfast these days so that all this working out isn't all for naught.

So, my trainer suggested yogurt, so I got some Activia. God, I HATE yogurt. I am gagging trying to get this crap down.

I got some smoothies too, but really don't like milky stuff very much, and milk doesn't settle well with me anyway.

So, I'm looking for suggestions of some tasty, healty, easy breakfast foods.

I know fruit and granola bars, stuff like that. But help me find some things that I will be likely to eat ... and that aren't time consuming to make.

#2 DanielleNDerek

DanielleNDerek
    • VIP Member
    • 18,452 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:57 AM

I totally want the waffle house breakfast you just described. I'm sitting here drinking my yogurt smoothie wanting WAFFLE HOUSE!

I got now suggestions for ya, i eat lowfat yogurt and ready to eat cut up apples EVERY day. Every once in a while i'll eat eggs on wheat toast. Whoopie! I hope someone has a good suggestion.
      ***Married November 6, 2008***Gavin Born February 28th, 2010***
      Paradisus Palma Real Wedding Review
      Our Professional Wedding Pictures on Snapfish

#3 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:07 AM

How about a simple bowl of cereal? I usually have a bowl every morning on the week day..

#4 PaulaV

PaulaV
        • VIP Member
        • 2,813 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:14 AM

Chai tea with milk on the way to work.
          I eat a Luna bar once I get to work, good protein.

#5 beachbride08

beachbride08
          • VIP Member
          • 2,372 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:16 AM

I'm not sure if this would qualify as healthy because of the sugar, but I eat those individual cups of oatmeal from Quaker. I make them with skim milk instead of water. I sometimes eat a cup of apple sauce.
            Michelle

#6 starchild

starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:24 AM

Well I work weird hours but when I worked normal hours, breakfast was usually toast and tea, maybe some scrambled eggs or egg whites if I was feeling spiffy.

Eating a big breakfast makes me sleepy again....although God bless that waffle house you mentioned, I don't know what scattered, smothered, and covered hash browns are but I need them! Mmmmmmmm

#7 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 10,366 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:27 AM

yes, I do. I really like the Kashi Go Lean Vanilla oatmeal.

#8 LisaG

LisaG
                • VIP Member
                • 7,839 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:34 AM

I eat a banana and a Kashi granola bar. Sorry...no help :]

#9 foxytv

foxytv
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,740 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:35 AM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by starchild
                    God bless that waffle house you mentioned, I don't know what scattered, smothered, and covered hash browns are but I need them! Mmmmmmmm
                    Scattered on the grill, smothered in onions and covered with cheese.

#10 LisaG

LisaG
                    • VIP Member
                    • 7,839 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 11:40 AM

OMG! You have to stop talking about this....argh....so hungry.....trying not to go down stairs to get a burrito....trying to make myself eat this d@mn granola bar!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users