Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#4281 amanda50388

amanda50388
  • 153 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nbateman 

Received my photos from Magic Vision yesterday and uploaded them to my shutterfly share site if anyone is interested! Also had some guests upload their pics.  The share site is awesome, no need to have a shutterfly account to view them and anyone can upload by sending an email to a particular address to get automatically added to the album or by uploading on the site:

https://holmanweddingmexico.shutterfly.com/pictures/1831

They look amazing, you look so pretty, congrats again and I am glad everything went so well for you. 

#4282 nbateman

nbateman
    • 280 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by AllieH 

thanks allie! and thanks so much for all of your help throughout the whole process!!! It wouldn't have turned out so well if it wasn't for everyone on this site!!

#4283 jnitschke

jnitschke
      • 251 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by nbateman 

Received my photos from Magic Vision yesterday and uploaded them to my shutterfly share site if anyone is interested! Also had some guests upload their pics.  The share site is awesome, no need to have a shutterfly account to view them and anyone can upload by sending an email to a particular address to get automatically added to the album or by uploading on the site:

https://holmanweddingmexico.shutterfly.com/pictures/1831

You looked beautiful!!! what great photos!  I love your flowers too!

#4284 krobb317

krobb317
        • Site Supporter
        • 26 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Tiff1037 

Hello ladies! I've been watching the website for a while, and we're just about to book with El Dorado, but I have a couple of questions for the experts. :)

Does anyone know if there's a fee to have the reception at the Tucanes Bar?

We're eligible for the private events. Are we allowed to use them on our wedding day?

We have about 65 guests. If we can't use the private events on our wedding day, and we still want to have the reception at Tucanes instead of the Cocotal, are at least 40 people covered for dinner by the wedding package?

We're just getting a little worried about the cost for so many people.

Any help is appreciated! :)

Hi Tiff1037, I haven't heard of the free private event/lunch everyday...what makes someone eligible? Any help is welcome! Thanks!!!!

#4285 pschopen

pschopen
          • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

Yes, I just learned that they changed their packages. Not sure if the old way or new way is better or not. I'm hoping that when we get down there and meet with our cooridnator she will get us hooked up with some additional savings/perks. I understand they need more staff, but let's be honest it's really not a good reason to charge us $25 per person for each beyond 40 people. I think it's a little strict. We are talking with our travel agent tonight about the things she has negotiated for us with delta vacations and funjet vacations... we are hoping they can make up for EDR being annoying with fees. :) Paula

#4286 kelseyrenee

kelseyrenee
            • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

I've seen many posts that Toucanes is hot for a reception. Should I see if I can move my reception from Toucanes to another spot? I am expecting about 30-35 guests and am getting a DJ because I want to dance... but I don't want to sweat! Wedding date is April 24, 2014. I was at EDR is March this year and it would not have been too hot at that time but I'm afraid of the end of April.

I originally picked Toucanes because it's not terribly far from my ceremony and cocktail party at Gazebo 55 and figured it would protect against wind or rain.

Any input is appreciated!

#4287 AllieH

AllieH
              • Resort/Area Ambassadors
              • 2,014 posts
              • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
              • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
              • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

Our wedding was in November, and we had our dinner/reception at Tucanes. It was pretty warm, even with the fans - there just isn't a cross breeze through there based on the location. If you step out from under the palapa to the pool area, you can catch more of a breeze.

I had a full a-line dress, and was dancing pretty much the entire time - so I was definitely hot & sweaty. I blame the dancing and the dress more than the location though. Noone else really complained.

The other location that is similar will be the Health Bar.

Our ceremony was at Gazebo 55 as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelseyrenee 

I've seen many posts that Toucanes is hot for a reception. Should I see if I can move my reception from Toucanes to another spot? I am expecting about 30-35 guests and am getting a DJ because I want to dance... but I don't want to sweat! Wedding date is April 24, 2014. I was at EDR is March this year and it would not have been too hot at that time but I'm afraid of the end of April.

I originally picked Toucanes because it's not terribly far from my ceremony and cocktail party at Gazebo 55 and figured it would protect against wind or rain.

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#4288 riz157

riz157
              • 47 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:44 AM

I had my reception indoors in Salon Dorado which is right across from Tucanes.  We had 35 guests and the room was good for that number of people and the DJ. it was nice to have the AC!

#4289 jnitschke

jnitschke
                • 251 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:53 AM

Quote:

At the end of May it was a bit warm in Tucanes, but not uncomfortably so.  I had a pretty light dress so that helped I'm sure.  It was 87 degrees on the day of our wedding if that helps at all.

#4290 AllieH

AllieH
                  • Resort/Area Ambassadors
                  • 2,014 posts
                  • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
                  • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
                  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

PS - I still think Tucanes is one of the best locations. It's a little more private with the bushes around it, the restrooms are nice and close, private bar & chefs making your dinners close by, plus the pool is beautiful. there's plenty of room for dancing and the DJ too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnitschke 

Quote:

At the end of May it was a bit warm in Tucanes, but not uncomfortably so.  I had a pretty light dress so that helped I'm sure.  It was 87 degrees on the day of our wedding if that helps at all.

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter