Photo

El Dorado Royale (EDR) Brides - POST HERE!

• Please log in to reply
4881 replies to this topic

#1361 sofiavig

sofiavig
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:11 PM

hi i noticed that you said u had 80 guests...im going to have around 60 and im trying to keep costs down.. how much did u find the wedding cost in the end? with private reception and dinner for all your guests??!?! thanks!!!

#1362 SarahMichelle82

SarahMichelle82
    • Site Supporter
    • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:54 PM

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. Im going to be getting married at EDR in May 2011! Reading this thread has been SO helpful in my decision to go with this resort, and I cant wait to start the major planning!

#1363 JaimeCF2BR

JaimeCF2BR
      • 408 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 05:54 PM

Hi Sarah - Welcome!  The EDR thread is pretty quiet, so if your looking for lots of info, you're welcome to join our Azul Sensatori thread!  They are sister properties so we pretty much deal with the same types of questions.

There's lots of May 2011 brides too :).  Whats your wedding date?

Originally Posted by SarahMichelle82 

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. Im going to be getting married at EDR in May 2011! Reading this thread has been SO helpful in my decision to go with this resort, and I cant wait to start the major planning!

#1364 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
        • 284 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 11:24 AM

Just got my final numbers and prices for my wedding. It's in 5 weeks!! Yay!  So if anyone needs to know prices not listed on the lomas website, I think I have pretty much priced out everything by now!!  We went with the free package by booking the casitas so we just had to add on a few things like flowers, gazebo decor, food and the donkey!   Ended up being pretty reasonable since we are bringing our own candle holders/candles and are reusing our ceremony flowers for the reception.   

I'm glad to see the Hurricannes keep on missing the Mayan!!!

#1365 kailap64

kailap64
          • 11 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:54 AM

My best advice for starters is book your ceremony site and reception location ASAP! You want the opportunity to get what you want before another bride gets the same date as you.  Welcome to the site! 

#1366 Cvantine

Cvantine
            • 41 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 11:33 PM

Ladies, I just got back from EDR a few days ago - my wedding was Friday, October 29th and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! From day one, everyone there kept telling me that we had made the right choice by picking EDR to get married out and I honestly couldn't agree more. I can't believe how smoothly everything went! I will post a review later...here is the link to our wedding picture slideshow =)

My best advice for starters is book your ceremony site and reception location ASAP! You want the opportunity to get what you want before another bride gets the same date as you.  Welcome to the site! 

#1367 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
              • 284 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 09:31 AM

We are having 26 guests and our wedding costs are $340 for the Cocktail hour,  $680 for dinner(we are having the BBQ Deluxe) and about $1000 for ceremony(gazebo fabric, runner and hanging flowers) and reception decor(table runners and vase rentals), flowers, music(Ipod stereo).  We also are bringing things from home that I didn't include in thoses costs like favors, candle holders and candles, disposable cameras, oot bags, BM dresses, GM outfits....and it goes on and on!!!  For photography we are using Cladia photo and getting the basic package for $1800.  I think our original budget is still looking good, so we are happy about that :) 

I hope this helps you in your budgeting!

Originally Posted by sofiavig 

hi i noticed that you said u had 80 guests...im going to have around 60 and im trying to keep costs down.. how much did u find the wedding cost in the end? with private reception and dinner for all your guests??!?! thanks!!!

#1368 CanadianLindsey

CanadianLindsey
                • 284 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:41 AM

did you have any problem using US dollars while you were in the Mayan area?  Our TA said they are no longer accepted in Mexico!

Originally Posted by Cvantine 

Ladies, I just got back from EDR a few days ago - my wedding was Friday, October 29th and it was BEAUTIFUL!!! From day one, everyone there kept telling me that we had made the right choice by picking EDR to get married out and I honestly couldn't agree more. I can't believe how smoothly everything went! I will post a review later...here is the link to our wedding picture slideshow =) http://m2-photography.net/blog/?p=1447

#1369 futureSKI

futureSKI
                  • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 07:38 AM

hiiiii! :)

newly engaged in October... Heading down to EDR next weekend with the fiance to do a site visit. I hope we love it and book our November 2011 wedding!! :D

Anyone have questions that we should keep in mind when we meet with the WC next weekend? My mom is most worried about the weather and whether or not there will be a back up plan.

I would love love to do our reception at Tucanes (did most people do a buffet?)...and how expensive are the private cocktail hours?

Thanks!

#1370 futureSKI

futureSKI
                    • 7 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 09:04 AM

Girls - is 4pm too late to have a beach wedding in November??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter