Photo

Maracas

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Lizzy

Lizzy
  • 501 posts

Posted 15 July 2007 - 11:47 PM

Has anyone bought maracas for their guests? Does anyone know of a good place to get them?

Thanks, as always for your help!

Lizzy
    For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#2 Martha

Martha
    • VIP Member
    • 3,906 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:01 AM

Along time ago we bought some in Mexico....they were super cheap. But, this was in one of the border towns. I wonder if Anny can get a price for you.

Is Anny back yet? Hmmm!

#3 cessyboston

cessyboston
      • VIP Member
      • 2,096 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 07:03 AM

i love the idea it seems some are tacky let me know if you found a great pair...il be looking too....
        Married oct 10th 2008 ~ proud parents to Miss Sophia Emma feb 2, 2010

#4 PVBride

PVBride
        • 443 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 08:50 AM

Oriental Trading has a large assortment of maracas. These can be personalized, and are reasonably priced.

Click the image to open in full size.

Let me know if you find some anywhere else, I am looking too :)

#5 LadyP

LadyP
          • 3,156 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:26 AM

TRY HERE WOODEN MARACA PENS

#6 jillhiggins

jillhiggins
            • Banned
            • 386 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 09:33 AM

When I photographed Lenita's wedding at Moon Palace - they had really cheap maracas in the gift shop. I couldn't believe how cheap everything was in there b/c usually resort gift shops are so high.

If you are making a trip down before the wedding - maybe you can pick some up. Of course...I don't know where your wedding is! lol

#7 PaulaV

PaulaV
              • VIP Member
              • 2,813 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:57 AM

I am going to wait and go to a market in Mexico to find them... simply because they will be very bulky and there are other things I would rather take from here.

#8 LGENDEIN

LGENDEIN
                • 59 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:05 AM

We bought some at the store in front of Cabo Wabo. I believe we spent $140 for 20 sets. We brought them home and I wrote on them with a sharpie our names and date of the wedding. Very simple. They were easy to travel back, but I totally understand about wanting to buy them there. I underestimated what a pain bringing all of the stuff for the guest bags was going to be.

#9 Lizzy

Lizzy
                  • 501 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 04:26 PM

Thanks everyone. Maggie is going to Tulum this Sunday so I think I'll tell her to look down there. It sounds like she'll do better there then the internet. I will let you know what she finds.

L
                    For the dance, at the reception, Maggie wore her crinoline and a lovely lace top. Looks like Tadd likes it!

Professional Photography by Michael B.www.michaelbstudio.comMinneapolis, MN

#10 brigopens

brigopens
                    • 247 posts

Posted 18 July 2007 - 01:04 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Lizzy
                      Thanks everyone. Maggie is going to Tulum this Sunday so I think I'll tell her to look down there. It sounds like she'll do better there then the internet. I will let you know what she finds.

L
                      We're also interested to hear, so please do keep us posted on here. Can't imagine doing anythign but purchasing down there. We already have too much stuff to take down there. We're taking embroidered beach towels for each guest. Going to be great, but quite the hassle...
                      Our Bridal Party in Mexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter