Barcelo Maya Palace Brides

• Please log in to reply
4876 replies to this topic

#2051 Angelina

Angelina
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:54 PM

Hi ladies,

So I got a response from Xhail about outside vendors and it will be more expensive then we thought (this is other then a photographer). Here take a look at her response:.

- What is the cost to bring a vendor onto the property? For example a DJ or Makeup artist?[Xhail Flores] if you bring an external vendor the cost is $90 usd per hour per plug  and a Makeup artist, you must pay a day pass to leave them to come in the resort.

All I can say is boo. How many plugs is a DJ going to use lol? I have no idea. haha.

#2052 sfrench0621

sfrench0621
    • 242 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:42 PM

Yes- they had my contact information just in case of any problems, but luckily they had no problems at all. I had forwarded them all the reservation information to take with them for check in as well.

Originally Posted by maniacib 

Sfrench0621,

Thanks for the info!  Did your photographer check in go smoothly?

#2053 mexico_2011

mexico_2011
      • 82 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:27 AM

So I just got an email from my TA regarding the curreny that can be used in Mexico. Looks like they made a new policy that says only Mexican pesos can be used in the country now. Just thought I would pass this info along. Here is what the email said:

Effective September 14, 2010, all vacationers travelling to Mexico will be required to use Mexican pesos, as it will be the only currency accepted. American and Canadian dollars will no longer be accepted in the country. The use of international credit cards is unaffected as transactions will continue to be processed in Mexican pesos, as per current practice. It is recommended that travellers bring Mexican pesos and/or credit cards to avoid difficulties

#2054 nmurch

nmurch
        • 396 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:31 AM

please tell me thus is not true! i'm from canada and have been buying (LOOSING) on USD $ that i've been buying for the last 2 years for our wedding...

Originally Posted by mexico_2011 

So I just got an email from my TA regarding the curreny that can be used in Mexico. Looks like they made a new policy that says only Mexican pesos can be used in the country now. Just thought I would pass this info along. Here is what the email said:

Effective September 14, 2010, all vacationers travelling to Mexico will be required to use Mexican pesos, as it will be the only currency accepted. American and Canadian dollars will no longer be accepted in the country. The use of international credit cards is unaffected as transactions will continue to be processed in Mexican pesos, as per current practice. It is recommended that travellers bring Mexican pesos and/or credit cards to avoid difficulties

jan 11 cant come soon enough...

#2055 FuninthesunMayan2011

FuninthesunMayan2011
          • Site Supporter
          • 51 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by nmurch 

please tell me thus is not true! i'm from canada and have been buying (LOOSING) on USD $ that i've been buying for the last 2 years for our wedding...

I just posted this very thing on my wedding website:

Mexico announces new, peso-only policy (from the Air Canada website)   Effective September 14, 2010, all vacationers travelling to Mexico will be required to use Mexican pesos, as it will be the only currency accepted. American and Canadian dollars will no longer be accepted in the country.      The use of international credit cards is unaffected as transactions will continue to be processed in Mexican pesos, as per current practice.   It is recommended that travellers bring Mexican pesos and/or credit cards to avoid difficulties.  

#2056 FuninthesunMayan2011

FuninthesunMayan2011
            • Site Supporter
            • 51 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 12:00 PM

Sorry, this is exactly what the poster before said!  

I just posted this very thing on my wedding website:

Mexico announces new, peso-only policy (from the Air Canada website)   Effective September 14, 2010, all vacationers travelling to Mexico will be required to use Mexican pesos, as it will be the only currency accepted. American and Canadian dollars will no longer be accepted in the country.      The use of international credit cards is unaffected as transactions will continue to be processed in Mexican pesos, as per current practice.   It is recommended that travellers bring Mexican pesos and/or credit cards to avoid difficulties.  

#2057 b2b2011

b2b2011
              • 58 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 07:44 PM

I was wondering if anyone has hired the DJ from the resort.  My fiance really wants to have a DJ but I'm not sure of the quality of the one the resort uses.  If anyone has any opinions please let us know.

Thanks,

J

#2058 pina13

pina13
                • 30 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:53 AM

what is this Happy Days site???

I would like to book some rooms.

#2059 emily41242

emily41242
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 7 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 10:20 AM

ahh, so excited!  We just heard back from the resort and we have June 25th on hold for our wedding, with the ceremony at 4:00.  I can't wait to send out the invites now and have people start booking their trips!

#2060 mexico_2011

mexico_2011
                    • 82 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by emily41242 

ahh, so excited!  We just heard back from the resort and we have June 25th on hold for our wedding, with the ceremony at 4:00.  I can't wait to send out the invites now and have people start booking their trips!

Congrats! That's very exciting.....happy planning :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter